Main Menu

The Great Spouse Error of 2015

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 27 November, 2015, 07:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

So, we've just converted our garage into a second living room. It's got a telly, a couch, and all that living room stuff.

Somewhere for me and my three boys to play the Xbox while Mrs X watches soaps.

But. I pointed at a bit of freshly-painted wall and said, "that could do with a picture. Could I get some comic art?"

To which the wife said, "the couch is black. It would have to be black and white." (A beat) "You don't actually get black and white comic art, do you?"

And that, my friends, is carte blanche to search for the one and only piece of comic art I will ever be able to hang downstairs.

Any suggestions?
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Ha. The one piece of original art I own is a majestically monochrome page from Ichabod Azrael. You can't have it but Good Luck with your search.
We never really die.

Banners

Lucky you. I am in so much trouble for ordering the 3A Dredd...!

Buttonman

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 27 November, 2015, 07:42:06 PM
"Could I get some comic art?"

Get a big blow up of Mickey Mouse - asking permission? squeak squeak!

I had quite a laugh over that whilst doing my dishes!

Timothy

Must be the season for it. I've just had some nice convention sketches by D'israeli and Chris Weston framed with a view to hanging them in my office at work. The response from the missus : "they're a bit too nice to take to work; is there anywhere we can hang them at home." I'll make a Squaxx of her yet.

Proudhuff

Get in touch with Colin McNeil, he has some great Insurrection pages on the go.

DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

My single piece is a Dom Reardon Caballistics page.

Gorgeous b/w and has a zombie tadger in it.

It's in our spare room and looks good next to all of the prints of flowers.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Devons Daddy

A piece of old School BRETT EWINS,
BAD COMPANY,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dash Decent

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 27 November, 2015, 07:42:06 PM
And that, my friends, is carte blanche to search for the one and only piece of comic art I will ever be able to hang downstairs.

Any suggestions?

How about a Cliff Robinson commission?  You could have an original piece of art and get the family in it too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

What do you like?  That'd be the first thing to figure out...

If you're after original 'old-school' art with pasted-on text and speech it might get expensive (depending what you're after) but a lot of newer material is available pretty cheaply.  Alternatively, as others have suggested, you could go the commission route - Steve Yeowell does amazingly nice work and his rates are very much on the low side, especially considering what he creates.  Plenty of other artists do commissions so you may have a lot of options (depending on your budget).

Feel free to p.m. me if you want any details for Steve (or some other suggestions).

shaolin_monkey

Carlos does awesome commissions.  Get some nice B&W from him with a personalised factor!

Steven Sterlacchini

Henry Flint had loads of great pages for sale at Thought Bubble, perhaps get in touch with him?

Pete Wells

Another shout for a Carlos commission, they're amazing!

blackmocco

Buying the art's fine. You just might have to fudge how much you spent on it...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com