Main Menu

Lone Wolf and Cub

Started by shaolin_monkey, 24 May, 2012, 08:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

acht, checked ebay no silly prices most available for under a fiver  ::)
DDT did a job on me

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: sheldipez on 04 February, 2013, 02:14:04 PM
Quote from: Thunders McQueen on 04 February, 2013, 02:03:52 PM
HOW much?  I think I still have the complete series sitting in a box because I literally could not give the fucking things away at one point.

Vols 5, 7, 9, 14, 12, 17 all nearing £20. Volume 13 & 16 at £30 mark. Looks like a good time to sell up if you're after the cash now  ;)

Aaargh!!  I do need cash, but I really don't want to part with mine!!  I wish I hadn't seen that...

sheldipez

Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 February, 2013, 03:49:50 PM
acht, checked ebay no silly prices most available for under a fiver  ::)

The Dark Horse volumes?
Volume 5 - only two copies on USA cheapest £30
Volume 7 - one copy on UK for £14.60 & USA cheapest £13
Volume 9 - Only one copy from USA £31
Volume 12 - One copy from USA only £37
Volume 14 - 3 copies from USA - cheapest £20
Volume 17 - 2 single copies from USA - £34
Volume 27 - 3 copies from US - £37 cheapest

There's a decent profit to be made there if you only paid few quid for them, as I mostly did just last year! The prices sure to drop or just never get sold once the omnibus gets a few volumes in.

Proudhuff

aye, but the orginal english version is available cheaply, this lot for sixty quid:

that's £3 each plus postage
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 05 February, 2013, 10:06:31 AM
aye, but the orginal english version is available cheaply, this lot for sixty quid:
That doesn't collect anything like the whole series though. It maybe gets up to volume 8 or 9 of the recent Dark Horse collections which these guys are talking about.
We never really die.

Krakajac

Not sure if this thread has been continued elsewhere - but I thought I might post some pics of my copy of the LWAC Omnibus #1 that recently arrived on my doorstep.  Ordered it from the UK (Book Depository) - and including postage to Oz it was only $19.00AUD.  Not bad for 700+ pages of reading!  :o

Nothing prepares you for how thick this tome is!  It's like a bible.

There's a small foreword explaining the use of Japanese terms and a lengthy glossary at the back - both of which were present in the previous (smaller) versions of this title.

Sat down to have a quick read the other night - and before I knew it, I'd hit the 230 page mark!  It's very addictive reading!

The second volume is due out in August 2013.  Hopefully DH will utilise the Frank Miller cover artwork for all volumes.

(Don't be put off by the thickness - I'm nearly halfway through and no sign of spine-wear yet).

Professor Bear

When I look at that chunk of good readin' I have to keep reminding myself I couldn't give a complete run of those books away a couple of years ago.  WHERE WERE YOUR FANCY EBAY PRICES THEN?

Krakajac

Indeed.  :)

Just had a look on Amazon and Volume 3 looks sets for release in November.  So that'll be three volumes available this year, which isn't too bad.  I'll have to install a special bookshelf just to contain these beauties.

sheldipez

Quote from: Krakajac on 28 June, 2013, 01:29:28 AM
Hopefully DH will utilise the Frank Miller cover artwork for all volumes.

Wow you're the first person I've come across to actually have preference for Miller's horrendous covers. I like style but he's really ill suited for this (his depiction of Daigoro is frightening - see volume 6) and increase in quality dramatically (I.e. when he's replaced) from volume 13 on.

Krakajac

Yeah, one or two of his covers didn't hit the spot for me as well - but that's Miller.  Here's a couple of my favourites...

Krakajac

Well, it's taken some years, but I've finally completed my LWC omnibus collection (12 volumes).  A great read from start to finish.

Around 8500 pages in total.  I'd love to get my hands on a page of original artwork - but it seems to be rarer than hen's teeth.  I wonder where it all is?  :o

Hawkmumbler

Bloody hell! I need to get around to buying these soon as i've never read thesecond half of LW&C, thats a lot of comics!

As for original art I believe Tarantino bought several dozen original pages but that's the only place I know for certain a few can be found.