Main Menu

Prog 1942: Fost-----Nixon

Started by Ghost MacRoth, 01 August, 2015, 12:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 03 August, 2015, 03:08:06 PM
Bit harsh.

Permit me to be very clear on this point. When I refer to Butch/Sauchie's "schtick" I use the word advisedly, and with care.

The whole "studious little butter-wouldn't-melt-in-house-mouth Butch" persona is just that: a persona.

Over on the comments section of the ECBT blog, Butch/Sauchie has deployed even more pseudonyms, the most recent of which (I think) was Jock Savage (not to be confused with a poster here using the same handle who, I'm pretty sure, is a completely separate person). Over on ECBT, our boy has shown a rather different side to himself, enthusiastically egging on Lockjaw and Burdis during their —frankly, reprehensible and indefensible— campaign of character assassination against Mike Molcher.

Meanwhile, over on Facebook, Butch/Sauchie goes by "Wullie Russell" — having had a number of FB accounts closed down in recent months for using fake names, he has (somewhat improbably) managed to convince Facebook that "Wullie Russell" is his real name, and he's busily engaged sucking up to Rob Williams over there, whilst posting his insightful dissections of how Rob is getting it all wrong under a different name here.

In short: Butch/Sauchie is a weaselling, two-faced little troll, and I will not apologise for giving him short shrift.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Skullmo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 03 August, 2015, 03:08:06 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 August, 2015, 07:40:00 PM
I refer the honourable gentlemen to my previous remarks about Sauchie/Butch/WhateverTheFuckHe'sCallingHimself's tedious close-reading schtick. Seriously. Get over yourself, son.

Jim
Bit harsh.

More than a bit harsh, just downright nasty.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Skullmo on 03 August, 2015, 03:17:59 PM
More than a bit harsh, just downright nasty.

I disagree. See above.

Incidentally, whichever boarder is really "Martin Newton" — I'm sure Butch appreciates you emailing me directly on his behalf, but I would suggest that contacting me directly on a work-related email address is both inappropriate and a little creepy.

Jim

Hawkmumbler

I...was not aware of any of this. Nor am I informed enough to make a judgement based off this alone. It's not my place to criticise Butch, and it was wrong for me to critisice you also. I was not aware a serious of events had transpired elsewhere.

Thank you for clarification, Jim, but you'll have to forgive me for climbing out of a hole I dug myself as I try to avoid internet dramas such as these.

Frank

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 August, 2015, 03:15:29 PM
Butch/Sauchie has ... enthusiastically egg(ed) on Lockjaw and Burdis during their campaign of character assassination against Mike Molcher

No, I didn't.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 August, 2015, 03:15:29 PM
... post(ed) his insightful dissections of how Rob is getting it all wrong

No, I didn't.

ZenArcade

I have never read anything but facetious informed commentary from Sauchie in all my tenure on this forum. I would be quick to cry wolf had I. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ZenArcade on 03 August, 2015, 06:30:14 PM
I have never read anything but facetious informed commentary from Sauchie in all my tenure on this forum. I would be quick to cry wolf had I. Z

Oh, the Butch/Sauchie persona is very consistent here. It's everywhere else that I have issues with.

Jim

ZenArcade

I can say no more. As ever I urge friendship and informed/insane contribution to this truly wonderful forum. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Richard

Moving on, I usually don't like Jaegir very much, but this week's episode was pretty good. It's nice when that happens.

TordelBack

I have to assume that Jim, an upstanding old-school gent whose online presence I have always enjoyed and respected, has information that I'm not party to, but the idea that Sauchie/Bikini Kill/Butch is a 'fake' persona or sock puppet really doesn't gel at all with my own impressions. I don't always agree with Sauchie's readings, and I can see how they might be deliberately provocative or have the potential to irritate, but I've always found them interesting, worthwhile and very rarely negative.

Jim_Campbell

Sorry, but you're wrong on this one.

Jim

Richard

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 August, 2015, 08:41:10 PM
Sorry, but you're wrong on this one.

I so often am!  But I have to go on the evidence of my own eyes, which is largely limited to this forum as far as Sauchie is concerned. I'm afraid I had to give up on ECBT2000AD a while back, after our senses of humour had apparently parted company. And Facebook is not my friend. So while I accept that Jim has formed opinions based on information I don't have, mine are solely based on Sauchie's output here.

And sorry chaps, yes, moving on...

COMMANDO FORCES

Obviously Campbell doesn't listen to our ill informed Progcast, as anyone who does will know we've actually praised Mike many times for his interviews and lately more on the PR side but especially his selling skills at SDCC. I had a go at the lack of tweets and instagrams that came during SDCC, as I thought it deserved more posts.

You had also better check what character assassination means before you think that saying someone can do certain things better is that.

You are the most obnoxious person on here as far as I can see, especially with your constant swearing. It's as though you are the forum Troll, thinking that what you say goes. I sometimes wonder if you actually like 2000 AD or Dredd, as it seemed that you enjoyed telling people that there wouldn't be a sequel and revelled in slamming people down who are desperate to see one happen.

I apologise to everyone else for continuing to help mess up this thread about the prog but I only post this, as I was mentioned by a person who has single handedly made many people leave the forum!

Why don't you just pour yourself another drink and try to relax for a change!

Cheers

John

P.S. You can pick me up on any spelling mistakes or grammatical mistakes if you like!