Main Menu

Prog 1942: Fost-----Nixon

Started by Ghost MacRoth, 01 August, 2015, 12:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

The grammar may be rough.....but the point is well made.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Richmond Clements

QuoteI'm afraid I had to give up on ECBT2000AD a while back, after our senses of humour had apparently parted company.

ECBT2k - come for the vitriol, Stay for the paedophile jokes.

For me it's the bizarre dislike of certain creators. Saying they're dead weight and should be sack.
Or the time they said Emma Beeby's scripts were probably just written by grennie.
Or the time when Flint spent 10 or 15 minutes of the podcast explaining why Molcher should be sacked.
Comic fans. Gotta love them.

COMMANDO FORCES

Didn't take long for the admin who starts a thread about women in their underwear to comment.

I could mention how one writer was openly slagging off a 2000 AD artist the other day on facebook but I'm sure you'll know who I mean. He also tried to cover it by joking that he suffers from Aspergers, nice!

Richmond Clements

Yeah, feel free to hit me with an ad hominem. I notice no refutation of what I said though...

COMMANDO FORCES

At least we're not hypocrites, aye Richmond. Women Power!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 August, 2015, 09:50:27 PM
At least we're not hypocrites, aye Richmond. Women Power!

I'll just let your posts speak for themselves.

COMMANDO FORCES

So long as everyone knows you started that disgraceful thread about belittling women and thinking they are just sex objects then I'm happy, especially as you are an admin. What a disgrace!

Richmond Clements

Remember the bit when accused someone of trolling and said you weren't a hypocrite..? Take your time, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Cover: loved the tagline, however thought the Dredd figure was a bit static and lacking the Aged Dredd of the story.

Dredd:  Some of my favourite art here, especially hershey, love to see his take on the aging Anderson

Absalom:  Sad this has ended, looking forward to the next series already

Helium:  Loved the art/story and colours here

Outlier:  Skippity skip, I'm afraid, my bad,

Jaegir: Highly enjoyable, showing how the Rogue sandbox should be played in.  Loving Coleby's work on this.
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

I noticed those reading comprehension skills of yours haven't improved any, John. I referred to ECBT's little vendetta against Molcher in the past tense.

I have to grudgingly admire your brass neck, but are you REALLY going to pretend that ECBT didn't do a podcast whose opening seventeen minutes or so were exclusively dedicated to reasons why Molcher should be sacked? Not a little light criticism, not some jovial banter: over a quarter of an hour dedicated to a call for one named individual to lose their job.

I called it rephrensible and indefensible because it was. You may have adopted a more conciliatory time since then —God knows, it wouldn't be hard— but I haven't listened to an ECBT podcast since then because that one genuinely turned my stomach.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

In other news: good prog.

I feel sorry for Outlier, which is perfectly good but just seems to lack whatever the indefinable spark is that has the rest of the prog vying for classic status. And, my God, how about that art? Varied, eclectic, all perfectly suited to their respective tales.

(I'm going to be working on completely 2000AD-unrelated one-shot with art by the Coleby/O'Grady team. I'm pretty excited.)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Pound for pound, Colbey is probably my favourite artist working at the moment.

Proudhuff

Saw the collected Royals in FP and almost bought it for the art alone.
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

On Dredd:

1. Isn't the cover a massive spoiler? We don't know what happened to Nixon on Titan, yet it says she's now an alien entity? Maybe that's obvious and can be inferred but it's not been spelled out, which makes it a spoiler, surely?

2. I don't like the way the citizens are ignored. The story seems rushed. Suddenly, the city is in danger? Where are the weather riots, the citizens chasing fatties for blubber or the other minor details that give a sense of scale and make the city a character?

On the above:

Sheesh.
Lock up your spoons!