Main Menu

Prog 1943: Cold Hard Kashan!

Started by Tjm86, 08 August, 2015, 12:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Was so busy hadn't time to grab the prog today. Can't wait! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

I've been reserved in my appreciation of the current Dredd tale, bar the art.  Well this week changed that - apparently all I needed was Dirty Frank to give me a way in, because that was a fantastic episode.

Satanist

Cover – Can that man scribble or what? Alex is on fire at the mo.

Dredd - Can that man scribble or what? Story has picked up for me this week but I thought the same as above comment. Monsters attack city so lets just assume they are escaped prisoners who are already presumed dead? How?

Helium - Can that man scribble or what? Script is chugging along nicely too.

FS - Can that man scribble or what? Love to see Higgins back on Dredd and enjoyed what was quite a dark wee tale.

Jaegir - Can that man scribble or what? Rennie delivers another solid ep.  Never been a great fan of Rogue so who knew I would enjoy this so much.

Outlier – Not a fucking clue what's going on or who's who. Gave up caring a few progs back.

Overall really enjoying this run.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 13 August, 2015, 11:15:13 AM
Cover – Can that man scribble or what? Alex is on fire at the mo.

Dredd - Can that man scribble or what? Story has picked up for me this week but I thought the same as above comment. Monsters attack city so lets just assume they are escaped prisoners who are already presumed dead? How?

Helium - Can that man scribble or what? Script is chugging along nicely too.

FS - Can that man scribble or what? Love to see Higgins back on Dredd and enjoyed what was quite a dark wee tale.

Jaegir - Can that man scribble or what? Rennie delivers another solid ep.  Never been a great fan of Rogue so who knew I would enjoy this so much.

Outlier – Not a fucking clue what's going on or who's who. Gave up caring a few progs back.

That ^^ about sums it up for me too
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 August, 2015, 02:47:59 PM

That ^^ about sums it up for me too
[/quote]

Me three - although I don't think Outlier is too bad (if ultimately fairly unmemorable), and like Keef I though the 'child of destiny' plot in Helium was a dissapointing lapse into cliche that it didn't really need. All ticking along nicely though.
@jamesfeistdraws

ZenArcade

Eventually got time to read the prog and boy was it worth waiting for. This is the second prog within a matter of weeks which is well nigh flawless. The cover is dynamic, and enthralling. Dredd is as good as it'll get. The future shock is a great heark back to silver age Sci Fi and the art is superb (as one of the girls in work said: 'nearly 3 dimensional'). Jaegir just hits a spot with me.
The plethora of strong female characters and the Future Shock written by a woman is particularly heartening for me. Well may this last.
Over the moon at the moment. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

moly

Loving Jaegir great female character and loving the art

Dandontdare

Quote from: moly on 14 August, 2015, 06:48:46 PM
Loving Jaegir great female character

Jeez, guess who just got married  ::)

DrJomster

All thrill engines firing at full blast for me. Excellent prog AGAIN! Looking forward to tomorrow's digital downloads!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

TordelBack

I concur with the miniature hippo above.  Not a duff one in there for me, speaking as a growing fan of Outlier.

maryanddavid

Dredd, Helium, tipping along nicely. Two of the 2000AD's top artist on these, they really are hitting the ball.

A memorable Future Shock, nicely done, with fantastic art by John Higgins, funnily I was rereading Titans collection of Razorjack when this prog was read, I felt as if the final panel was a reveal of sorts, has this character appeared before, its nigglingly familiar?

Jaegir has to be singled out. Reading 2000AD as a kid, Dredd, Stront and Rogue were the staple, Rogue shaded it as my favourite up till the re-gene storyline.
It never grabbed me after that, the countless reboots, revisits and apocryphal revisions was just messy,  the stand alone Cinnabar and War Machine were the strange exceptions to be better than the original.

Jaegir has managed to make the old Nu-Earth conflict interesting and entertaining, and I think carry the spirit of the old Rogue Trooper by putting it in the original timeline and avoiding all the continuity nonsense. Its a well rounded package, the story, art, colouring and lettering seem to give  flawless storytelling. For me this is 2000AD at its best.

Fungus

Quote from: maryanddavid on 18 August, 2015, 11:59:25 PM
Jaegir has managed to make the old Nu-Earth conflict interesting and entertaining, and I think carry the spirit of the old Rogue Trooper by putting it in the original timeline and avoiding all the continuity nonsense. Its a well rounded package, the story, art, colouring and lettering seem to give  flawless storytelling. For me this is 2000AD at its best.

Well said. Slogging through the 90's guff, it's great to see some thought injected to Rogue's world in today's prog.

Theblazeuk

John Wagner watches Game of Thrones, I think. The Wall of MC1 is slightly more porous than that of Brandon the Builder though.

TordelBack

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 24 August, 2015, 03:54:59 PM
John Wagner watches Game of Thrones, I think. The Wall of MC1 is slightly more porous than that of Brandon the Builder though.

But at least it doesn't have a handy sea crossing at either end.

(and perhaps you mean Rob Williams?).

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws