Main Menu

Prog 1946 - Dark Stars Rising

Started by Richard, 29 August, 2015, 01:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Dredd concentrates on supporting characters this week. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

The Alienist wasn't as good as previous episodes this week, but still enjoyable.

3riller - need it to finish before I can decide what I make of it. I like this artist though.

Grey Area - not a series I like I'm afraid, so I'm not really qualified to say what fans of it will think. At least something is starting to happen at last. And I liked the [spoiler]assholes[/spoiler] joke.

Dreams of Deadworld is an interesting new mini-series. Fabulous art. A new dark judge, sort of. Looking forward to the rest of it.

There's a letter page, for people who care about that sort of thing.

glassstanley

Dead world is rather good. The title page of Fire is fantastic - love the small changes Kendall has made. Is this the first strip to be based on a dream that we know of?

Bit worried that Marg is not the helpful presence that she once was on her first appearance...

Richard

What on Earth is your profile picture?!

Buttonman

Quote from: Richard on 29 August, 2015, 01:24:57 PM
There's a letter page, for people who care about that sort of thing.

Well done Richard! Modest as always!

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Lovely, dark, very much the kind of horror look that suits the tale.

Dredd:  Continues to be enjoyable, still no real explaination of the horse.....guess that will come later?

Alienist:  Some really cracking individual panels in a very well drawn tale.  Loved the snippets of tales from the roving parties.....reminded me of the scene in 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' when they are in the car, and we lines from jokes, but nothing complete. 

3Rillers:  Not sure the colour is helping Lynch's art, but still a passable tale.

Grey Area:  Getting ready to shift gears....excellent!  Art is sublime.

Tales of Deadworld:  The strip of the prog for me this week.  Art wise, it's very well suited to the story, reminds me a bit of the designs in Hellraiser.  and is a joy to behold.  It also touches on a theme we saw in the IDW guff, with 'other' dark judges, but in this instance, it does it rather well.  Of course there would be factions and such in the new order imposed by the Dark Judges... we saw the beginings in 'Young Death' when the judges of Deadworld worked for the Dark Judges....tis is a natural and very believable progression for me.  Really looking forward to the next hit! ;)

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Eamonn Clarke

Dave Kendall will make a mint when he sells this beautiful cake of a cover.

Colin YNWA

Okay not had the chance to read this yet, but I'm feeling a little guilty.

Why I hear you cry?

Well I got the special Mortis limited edition, you know that one thats all battered and knocked around and looks like Mortis has got his boney mitts on it. Why would this make me feel guilty, well I know some of you are real collectors and like to have all editions and since this is a super rare (I hope) variant I'm willing to swap it with anyone for their lovely, pristeen normal variant.

I know, I know I'm too kind.

Ghost MacRoth

Mortis edition??  I don't get it......I've clearly missed something there!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Richard

Ghost MacRoth

I'll be in the corner with the pointy hat with the 'D' on....... sarcasm filters re-engaged!

Colin YNWA

I might not be though, Ghost MacRoth they only way to be sure is to swap your lovely nice copy with my crappy banged up... I mean super rare varient...

hippynumber1

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 29 August, 2015, 04:02:56 PM

Dave Kendall will make a mint when he sells this beautiful cake of a cover.

It's sold already and he did! ;)

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 August, 2015, 04:38:30 PM
I might not be though, Ghost MacRoth they only way to be sure is to swap your lovely nice copy with my crappy banged up... I mean super rare varient...

Meh.....I reckon if I throw mine in the washing machine....I'll have a super rare Mortis one myself! 

Have had a couple like that in the past...usually when the postie has had to trudge through the pishing rain, but that was back when they came in a paper envelope....how on earth they manage to screw yours up in the plastic wrapping??

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 29 August, 2015, 04:30:00 PM
I'll be in the corner with the pointy hat with the 'D' on....... sarcasm filters re-engaged!

And if you're wearing the Bask street kids Dunce cap will the teacher be wearing a Mortis board?

Is that my coat?

Ghost MacRoth

Are you here all week?? Should we tip our waitresses?

Lol, did make me chortle though!