Main Menu

Prog 1951 - Fall in with BAD COMPANY

Started by JamesC, 03 October, 2015, 01:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Cow

Quote from: Jacqusie on 04 October, 2015, 01:39:54 AM
Yes, loving that big lovely yellow BC logo...

I love that logo.  Any idea who designed it, back in the day?

wedgeski

Great prog in general, but I thought the exposition in Bad Company was heavy-handed, and what it revealed just not that interesting. Hopefully the strip will get back on track next week. Despite that, I'm in love with the art, and this prog's cover is just brilliant.

robert_ellis

Love the energy of the Bad Company art inside. Rufus is great. I hope things aren't as straight forward as they seem... Also any mention of Earth dying as revealed at the start of Bewilderness?

Magnetica

I have got to think what is happening in Bad Company is definitely not what it seems on the surface. In additon to the well made comments from others last week, it just doesn't make sense that Kano is going around in the "real world" with a bit of his head blown off and a hole right through his chest.

Eager to re-read the original Bad Company I borrowed "Goodbye Krool World" from my local library and I have to say the story is not what at all what the 18 year old me made of it. It is really a study in human behaviour, what makes people do what they do and how they react to the harshest environment. So I am assuming the new story will be along similar lines. My guess is this is [spoiler]all happening in Danny's head.[/spoiler]

Timothy

I notice Kano seems to have a biochip now. Is there a Jaegir crossover in the works?

The Monarch

My guess is [spoiler]danny is still suffering ill effects from being the krool heart[/spoiler]

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The monarch on 07 October, 2015, 02:06:33 PM
My guess is [spoiler]danny is still suffering ill effects from being the krool heart[/spoiler]

Maybe [spoiler]he still is the Krool Heart[/spoiler]!
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 October, 2015, 02:45:33 PM
Quote from: The monarch on 07 October, 2015, 02:06:33 PM

Maybe [spoiler]he still is the Krool Heart[/spoiler]!

I suspect this piece of black out spoilery speculation is right. All in the eyes.

Dark Jimbo

I wish that idea had occured to me sooner! The more I think about it, the more right it feels. Not sure how that would square with the end of the last series, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

CONQUISTADORES! Best use of impossibly tall, spooky villains with heads like clocks/lightbulbs since Morrison on Doom Patrol. Edginton, Culbard and the story have found their mojo again, with the art in particular as good as it's been since the opening chapters.

If there's nothing in this week's Dredd to touch last week's incredible splash page it's only because Wagner and MacNeil are cramming in the dialogue and exposition that characterises late-era Wagner-Dredd. Judging by those mug shots, MacNeil was the Guess Who champion of his neighbourhood.

I HATED Sinister Dexter in the nineties, but now everybody else hates its guts I've kind of warmed to it, mainly because Abnett's upped the gag count. He throws us a bone with a henchman called Van Damage, but teases us with the agent's surnames. She'll be Kitten or Perot, but Fougery?

If the closing sentiment of First Casualties is that for old soldiers the war is never over, Pete Milligan's transformation into Gerry Finley-Day will be complete.

robert_ellis

I'd like to see a Jaegir style Bad Company spin off from the aliens side. "Krool Runnings", anyone? I think once Pete Milligan loses the introspection, diary entries, circular post modern narratives and just has page after page of violence he'll feel invigorated. I love that Rufus' art is a great contrast to the rest of the prog. Please can we have more Dayglo - even a Dredd? Apologies if this has already happened - I'm a lapsed reader.

TordelBack

It has, but just once! The incredible 'Streets of Dan Francisco', Prog 1520something, ran in the middle of Origins, but generally reprinted as  prologue to Tour of Duty.  More Dayglo is always welcome.  Loving Bad Company at the moment.

robert_ellis

Thanks for the Dayglo info - hopefully it'll appear in the MegaCollection at some point.

Satanist

Cover – Hmm, almost the same as last page last week but somehow not as good. I think it may be that I prefer the B&W version.

Dredd – I love a good PJ story and this is shaping up nicely. Wagner and MacNeil, here are two comic greats at the top of their game.

Defoe – Quite restrained so far for Pat so enjoying this as well and the art is great.

Brass Sun – Dunno about this as I'm not a fan of the art and the story seems to have dragged on a bit.

Sin/dex – Nice art and I do read it but not for me, never was.

Bad Co – Intrigued where this is gonna go and like the art but can't get past the thought that its Rufus aping Hewlett doing a tribute to Brett. That's just me though and not a criticism as I will be looking for a Kano sketch next chance I get.

So 3 out of 5 are doing it for me but I'd pay the price for Dredd alone so it's all good.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Frank

I'm going to be first to say it, then. PJ Maybe, [spoiler]Who famously uses face change surgery to change identities, is last seen in the presence of chaps who can possess different bodies. Next time he (apparently) makes contact with Dredd, it's to alert him to a serial killer who takes on different identities[/spoiler].

Has the obvious happened, or is that just what we're supposed to think?