Main Menu

Prog 1953 - BODIES OF EVIDENCE

Started by Buttonman, 17 October, 2015, 10:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Hmm, good point (although he has met Phobia and Nausea before).  I wonder if the 8 motif has some significance in this regard? 8 is an infinity symbol on its side, it's also the Justice tarot card... 

I have a niggling if unfounded worry that PJ is making a play for an analyst position in Justice Dept, akin to L'il Kazan. After solving the Sinfield/Francisco case, and now this...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 October, 2015, 07:55:12 PM
Whatever happened to L'il Kazan?

Whiling away the hours playing snap with Smiley, I presume.

Last seen in Bullet to King Four, wasn't he?

mejustnow

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 October, 2015, 07:55:12 PM
Whatever happened to L'il Kazan?

The answer,  suspect, for all dangling story threads is "Chaos Day" until a writer decides to return to them.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

TordelBack

Nah, he was in Trifecta, so his post-Chaos status is known.

Enjoyed re-reading this week's Prog in the fourth-hand bath last night*, always a good sign, but the "Aroooga!" SFX in Brass Sun struck me as  pretty jarringly awful. I wonder is there any general editorial guidance given on how to handle these sorts of things?

*He who bathes last bathes longest.

mejustnow

Yes indeed. I keep forgetting Trifecta followed Chaos Day. I guess it fits a pre-Chaos space in my head cannon. As my recent posts have illustrated unquestionably, Dredd chronology is not my strong suit.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Muon

Quote from: Tordelback on 23 October, 2015, 10:40:16 AM

Enjoyed re-reading this week's Prog in the fourth-hand bath last night*, always a good sign, but the "Aroooga!" SFX in Brass Sun struck me as  pretty jarringly awful. I wonder is there any general editorial guidance given on how to handle these sorts of things?

I noticed that the slightly apocalyptic VADOOOOOOM sometimes appears in John Wagner scripts so I always assumed it was up to the writer. Speaking of which, perhaps it's time to resurrect BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA.

Muon

On Bad Company, I'm enjoying this run. The first few episodes had a surreal, nightmarish quality to them that I found really haunting. The decimated Kano-but-not-quite-Kano is straight out of an old soldier's bad dream. The events in the latest episode had uncomfortable echoes of real life and gave me the feeling that this outing is even more of a tribute to the great Brett Ewins than it seemed at first. There's a real sense of sadness to this run that makes me think the ending is going to have a pretty powerful emotional punch to it.

TordelBack

Yeah, I found this week cut very close to the bone. If I wasn't aware of how much all the current creators cared, I'd almost find its real-world echoes inappropriate - as it is, I find it quite moving.  The art has also crept up another notch. How I love the animation in Rufus' faces.

Satanist

I think/hope PJ is fine and don't feel I need everything explained. He's smart and he escaped is enough for me.

On the other hand I don't mind the mystery in Bad Co but it better have a very good reason for it at the end.

Very much enjoying this run in the prog thanks very much.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Cheat

Quote from: Magnetica on 21 October, 2015, 06:29:53 PMAnyway, back to this week's Dredd, was it just me who thinks [spoiler]98 = 9 and 8 = 9 +8 = 17 = 1 and 7= 1+7 = 8[/spoiler] was just a tad tenuous?
Yeah, that leaped out at me too. One 'jump' I can deal with (17=1+7=8), more than one just seems a bit silly.

"Hey, that food truck is brown. Brown has 5 letters. 'B' is the second letter in the alphabet. 5 * 2 - 2 = 8. He's the hottie seller, get him!"
Meh!

TordelBack

I think you may be missing the point slightly - numerology in its entirety is ALL tenuous bollocks. This is numerology practised by a psychopathic/sociopathic  serial killer, so it's bollocks squared. In no way does the '98=8' even push at those limits.

Plus there has to be some obscurity or Justice Dept (or its computers) would have copped straight away - even I thought all the numbers in the first few episodes seemed suspicious, although I couldn't put my finger on why.

Jamie1000013

Pretty lost with Brass sun to be honest lol, if I read this will I be upto date?

http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/brass_sun_wheel_of_worlds

Also are the single issues of Brass sun the same as the hardback collection?

Loving Dredd at the moment, love PJ and this serial killer stuff is fun.

Also how many Graphic novels will I have to read to catch up with Sinister Dexter? I've got Sinister Dexter Gun shark vacation but none others. Is the series worth reading?

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Sin/Dex trades went off the deep end and never returned after a certain point. I'm sure Colin or one of the several Sin/Dex apologists will be along soon to correct me.