Main Menu

PROG 1955 the all seeing eye

Started by janus stark, 30 October, 2015, 01:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Richard on 01 November, 2015, 04:19:13 PM
Does anyone else's cover have weird pixellated red lines on it, or is it just me? They don't seem to be on the cover in the pic above. I'd post a photo but it won't let me.

Pretty sure they are supposed to be there. Just part of Jake Lynches style. I really like the effect! Each to their own, of course.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Steve Green

Nice to see something different to a black outline.

Frank

Fabry and Bisley both went through red line periods

IndigoPrime

Ah, the day when Hershey went mad by wearing a face like the Joker and her non-reg high-heel boots. (That always was a very odd star scan.)

mejustnow

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 October, 2015, 08:48:25 PM
Something Jim Baikiesque about Dredd there or is that just me?

Thank you! That's been itching away at the back of my mind since Saturday morning! I think you're quite right.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Proudhuff

Quote from: mejustnow on 02 November, 2015, 11:47:06 AM

Thank you! That's been itching away at the back of my mind since Saturday morning! I think you're quite right.

yeah, that's closer than my stab in the dark earlier in the threat, Baikiesque it is and not a bad thing either.
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sorry, but Bad Company is still incomprehensible gibberish. It's fine in isolation, separate from what went before, but six episodes in and without any recognition of the fact that loads of characters have come back from the dead is just wrong.

If it's trying to be clever then colour me stupid.

I fear this is going to end in "it was all a dream" for Danny, maybe in a psycho ward somewhere and pumped up on meds. Or something similarly meh.
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 November, 2015, 03:22:32 PM
Quote from: mejustnow on 02 November, 2015, 11:47:06 AM

yeah, that's closer than my stab in the dark earlier in the threat, Baikiesque it is and not a bad thing either.

Yeah about as good a compliment as I can think of.

Frank

Looks more in the very best tradition of McMahon, Kennedy, and Flint, to me:

Hawkmumbler

Jake Lynch has the makings of an up and coming Dredd classic artist.

James Stacey

Quote from: Richard on 01 November, 2015, 04:19:13 PM
Does anyone else's cover have weird pixellated red lines on it, or is it just me? They don't seem to be on the cover in the pic above. I'd post a photo but it won't let me.
They do look a bit odd like guides to show what's selected as they are not antialiased. Cracking cover though.

sheridan

Quote from: Geoff on 01 November, 2015, 04:18:32 PM
Seems I'm the odd one out, but I really don't like the cover. Dredd and especially the bike don't look right to me and the traffic in the background is very simplistic to my eye..
I actually agree with what you say, that the individual elements aren't the best that we've seen on the cover, but put together I love it!  We've seen Dredd on a bike many times, but somehow this cover brings something fresh to the scene.

Fungus

To misquote Will Rogers (had to Google that), I've yet to see any Jake Lynch art I didn't like. Style-wise, seems to be finding his feet and rearranging his influences...  I'm seeing a Baikie Dredd on that cover, with Bolland traffic.

TordelBack

Dredd'n'bike is great, the background vehicles I find a bit bland.  Love Jake Lynch's work, his colouring in particular is ace.

Dark Jimbo

These wee one-part Dredds are the lifeblood of the strip - when I started reading Tooth they were key to understanding the character and the city. Love the longer thrillers but wish we had a few more of these now and again. Michael Carroll's Dredds often miss the mark for me, but this was a little beauty - really sweet and just about managing to veer clear of Robbie Morrison territory (only just, mind).

Defoe is jolly good, promising an interesting new direction next week. Been waiting ages to know more about the Vizards!

Brass Sun throws us a sudden narrative curveball, and is all the better for it. For someone with such a clean artistic style, though, it can be surprisingly hard to tell what Culbard's meant to be illustrating sometimes. Had to read those last few pages a few times to make sense of it.

Sin-Dex continues to be surprisingly good. Just a shame this story didn't happen a few years ago long before my interest died. Moses gets some actual character development for the first time since, what, 1997?

I'm really struggling to know what to make of Bad Company. There's a weird dissonance thing going on and it's hard to know if that's a deliberate effect of the character's confusion or because I'm not getting on with it.
@jamesfeistdraws