Main Menu

Prog 1957 - A Crash Course in Mega-City Law Enforcement!

Started by IronGraham, 13 November, 2015, 01:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

Cover by Jake Lynch

What's New

Judge Dredd  - That Extra Mile by Alec Worley, Karl Richardson & Annie Parkhouse

Terror Tales- Night Shift by John Smith and Peter Doherty.

rest continuing from last week.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Colin YNWA

I normally have no truck with posting in the Prog thread before you have ya Prog* BUT

JOHN SMITH IS BACK IN THE PROG
IT MAKES ME SMILE LIKE MY FACE IS AGOG
HE'S WORKING WITH PETER DOHERTY
THAT'S SO COOL I'M ALL GIDDY

JOHN SMITH IS BACK IN THE PROG YIPE
I'M SO HAPPY I'VE DONE A STICKY NERD WEE

*though of course I break that unwritten law whenever it suits me - ahem

Hawkmumbler

And he's brought Peter Doherty with him and all. Doubley nice and tasty. ;)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

ZenArcade

Hold the drokkin mopad here, I haven't got 1956 yet! Good to hear JS is back however. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Eamonn Clarke

My copy is here as well so I think it's legit to post this glorious cover which the Tweet-droid has already shared.

Ladies and gentlemen. Mr Jake Lynch

And if the Tumbl-R droid is reading this it's Jake not Alex. Cheers

ZenArcade

Ffffuuuuucckkk! If that doesnt shift copies off the shelves, nothing will. Staggeringly wonderful. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

To paraphrase Malcolm Tucker, fucking fuck me!

I can only echo my previous statement, Jake Lynch is destined for truly big things.

Eamonn Clarke

Cover is fantastic. A late entry into my top five of the year, and Johnny Vegas and Monkey get name checked.

Dredd: a nicely self contained Alec Worley story with lovely Karl Richardson art. Reminds me of that half marathon that got cancelled last year (Sheffield ?) where the runners decided to carry on regardless.

Defoe. "Friday night a Judge died in London city. Somebody knows why. Down there. Somebody knows." Uncle Pat continues to take on the super-heroes as Rorshach Defoe investigates the murder of Eddie Vizard.

Terror tale has a neat reveal which wasn't what I expected but still left me a bit unmoved.

Brass Sun. We can see where the Watchmaker/Key/Vonnegut is supposed to end up but not how. But Wren does get a nice new shirt.

Bad Company. Sorry, not really getting it.

Fungus

Eddie Vizard.
Whether that's down to Pat, or one you came up with Eamonn, Dan Abnett is currently rolling on the floor in convulsions. Like it  :)

And these astonishing covers are making the prog thread hard to avoid. Yet to read the previous prog. Jake Lynch does it yet again...

TordelBack

That cover is a winner. Knew that Lynch was a good 'un from the start.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Eamonn Clarke

Spirit d'escalier. Thought of a slightly better take on the Watchmen line but a bit more of a spoiler.

Defoe. "On Friday night a [spoiler]Chameleon[/spoiler] died in London city. Somebody knows why. Down there. Somebody knows."

Uncle Pat continues to take on the super-heroes as Rorshach Defoe investigates the murder of Eddie Vizard.

It's the way I tell 'em

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck now for a man that thinks he doesn't mention covers I find myself for the third week running mentioning the cover. Its another corker. The slightly looser style gives it a real energy.

Inside a fine one off Dredd in a traditional vein leds things off. Really liked Karl Richardson's colours on this one.

Defoe has a steady episode.

John Smith on a Terror Tale is something to be excited about, especially when joined by Pete Doherty whose work I see all to little of these days, but it felt a little slight for such great talents. Its certainly good fun and not a bad story at all, just... a bit of a gag. Still didn't see the punch line so it worked on that level.

Brass Sun just continues to ooze class, absolutely oozes. One character reveals more of the terrifying cost of adventures our young heroes have undertaken.

Bad Company treads water a little, though maybe Thrax reveals more than he's letting on at the moment. I've suspected from the start that we're seeing a story very much from Danny's unique perspective and maybe what Thrax goes through embodies that? We'll see. The end promises answers soon to come I suspect?