Main Menu

Prog 2006 - Stealth Fighter.

Started by Mattofthespurs, 05 November, 2016, 10:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Prog arrived on time after last weeks snafu.
Opened the Prog to page 2 and read Tharg's comments concerning Steve Dillion and then looked at the black box below which simply states 'grim'.
Didn't feel like reading it after this.
Maybe next week.
:'(

JUDGE BURNS

prog 2006 is a no-show again this week, here in Ayrshire sector of cal-hab . 
I only received delivery of prog 2005 just yesterday anyway , so I wasn't building my hopes up for a delivery today . :-(

Batman's Superior Cousin

No show in GeordielLand as well!!!  :'(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Darren Stephens

Great cover from the Flint droid. Only read Dredd so far. It comes to an end well enough, though more of a pause. Really enjoyed this rather brief story arc. Look forward to when these plot threads are picked up again in the near (hopefully) future!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Woolly

No show in Sheffield, sadly. Fingers crossed for monday!
Seen the cover on facebook though... brilliant cover, but looks potentially a bit spoilery. [spoiler]Clearly looking like cloaked people/judges with elbow pads and the like as opposed to any enceladus entity?[/spoiler]

Not that I'd know either way.
Being progless  :(

jacob g

So I now can consider recent story as a sequel to both Titan and Trifecta? Great!
margaritas ante porcos

ZenArcade

They persumably are the remnants of the assassins from Trifecta? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Taryn Tailz

I immediately thought Trifecta when I saw that cover too, though as I'm not a subscriber I shall have to wait until mid week to find out.

Magnetica

Great Prog this week.

Dredd doesn't really feel like it is finished. Great to see [spoiler]a little cameo from Smiley[/spoiler]

Everything else seems to move swiftly to the point.

The art overall is top notch.

Great cover - again.

Tjm86

Flint is definitely on form with the current storyline.  I'm also loving the muted / faded colouring.  I'm assuming that it was deliberate mind.  This is quickly wrapped with the obvious teaser of more (The End? yeah, right)  That said, I'm with those who are growing a little weary of the old conspiracy theory storylines.  I know Justice Dept is a very pale shadow of its former glory but all the same, it is a becoming a bit of a worn thread now.

Flesh has completely lost me now so that is a bit of a skim.  Holocaust Squad Hunted is an enjoyable positioning episode for the obvious final showdown.  I know that the ending is in some respects a little obvious but it is going to be interesting to see how Rennie lands this.  The ambivalence of Savage is now really showing and it is becoming harder to determine exactly who the villain of the piece is.  Mills seems to be really delving into the psychosis of the character now.  Godard's artwork suits it nicely.  Counterfeit Girl goes all Philip K Dick.  Dayglo does seem to be enjoying himself though.

Overall then an enjoyable prog to be honest.  Apologies to the frustrated but it was nice to have it on time as well.  The only perk of monthly subscription!

Magnetica

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 November, 2016, 08:05:35 AM
Flint is definitely on form with the current storyline.  I'm also loving the muted / faded colouring. 

I really hate to say anything negative about the legend that is Mr Flint, but I don't like the muted colours. I much prefer the Day of Chaos and Trifecta look with Chris Blythe's colours.

Geoff

A Saturday delivery makes for a happy squaxx, as does a quiet Sunday to read it and a quality Prog.

Dredd is intriguing, love the cast of characters and the cameo appearance. I agree that this is rather a worn thread but there are a few loose ends to clear up. I'm enjoying the more muted colours.

The dinosaur tale is rather baffling to me but the last page was great to look at.

Not so keen on this latest Rogue outing, I know many on here are...but I'm not fond of the art, doesn't gel with Rogue for me.

I'm enjoying Savage, having not really in the past, the 'thousand year stare' is a great line. Lovely artwork. Fewer song lyrics please.

Counterfeit Girl continues to be enjoyable - with a good (not so) surprising closing this week.

Strong B+ for the mighty one!

Frank

Even if it means the convergence of the Trifecta/Titan storylines trickles out in three or four part runs over the next five years, it's worth letting Henry Flint loose with the crayons*.

It makes these stories feel distinct and something special; Staples and Ezquerra are the only other artists who've been allowed to self-colour significant runs of Dredd recently**.

Williams's farewell opus will be packaged as a Dark Justice-style hardback when it's finished, so it's only fair that Henry Flint's allowed to show off his incredible art to its best advantage.

* No disrespect to Chris Blythe's excellent work at all, but comparing Act Of Grud to The Cold Deck exposes the limitations of computer colouring as a medium. It's just a bit sore on the eyes.

** D'Israeli, Burns, Elson, Taylor, Harrison and Cook all kept inside the lines on shorter stories.  And yes, I know Flint uses a variety of traditional and digital techniques to produce his colour strip work.

CalHab

Happiness is a Saturday prog!

Dredd is a lesson in compact storytelling. The last few panels would take an entire issue in some US comics.