Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Happy to help!

Speaking of which, here are some bits I picked up at the London Film and Comic Con last month:

It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

In return for a small thing I asked PJ Holden to do me a quick sketch, gave him a few options and... well remember it was only a small thing I did for him look at this!

Hawkmumbler

Ah hah! So thats what he was rabbiting on about on Twitter awhile ago about ONE, that's beyond bloody gorgeous, Colin!

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 22 August, 2016, 12:12:16 AM
here are some bits I picked up at the London Film and Comic Con last month:

Love that Ladykiller page. Modern Ezquerra in B&W could pass for 1978 Ezquerra.
Consistent artistic genius.

Nice 'sketch' by PJ there too.

shaolin_monkey

This arrived direct from John Burns today. It's beautiful!

Many thanks to Wiggz for sorting it out.

sheridan

That's an amazing wall behind you, Shaolin Monkey!

Link Prime

Nice page Shaolin.

I was looking through some of my Daler folders earlier, and found mould - MOULD - growing on the inside cover of two of them.
Luckily none of the artwork contained was affected, and I've cleaned the folders up with white vinegar.

This bleedin damp kip of a country...

Skullmo

Rately

Oh dear.

Out of interest, and in expectations of future purchases, what is the best way to store / preserve / frame original artwork?

hippynumber1

I have most of mine in archive folders but, apparently, you have to watch for mould!  :o The pieces I have had framed have all been done professionally with acid free backing and museum glass where possible. It doesn't matter how you frame them, just keep the glass off the art!

Rately

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 31 August, 2016, 12:07:16 PM
I have most of mine in archive folders but, apparently, you have to watch for mould!  :o The pieces I have had framed have all been done professionally with acid free backing and museum glass where possible. It doesn't matter how you frame them, just keep the glass off the art!

Cheers, Hippynumber1!

I shuddered at the mention of mould. Seen enough of the damage done in my study, and the thought of lovely original artwork getting covered in gunk like that breaks my heart.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: sheridan on 28 August, 2016, 04:38:05 PM

Cheers! Un fortunately I'm blocking one of my favourite pieces, a Judge Pal commission from Dylan Teague.  My other faves are the Henry Flint ABC Warriors one, and the Peter Doherty page from Young Death.  Running out of room for art on my wall though!!

Rately

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 31 August, 2016, 12:58:14 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 28 August, 2016, 04:38:05 PM

Cheers! Un fortunately I'm blocking one of my favourite pieces, a Judge Pal commission from Dylan Teague.  My other faves are the Henry Flint ABC Warriors one, and the Peter Doherty page from Young Death.  Running out of room for art on my wall though!!

Fantastic stuff.

A Peter Doherty Young Death page?? Green with envy.

Skullmo

I keep my pages under the bath.