Main Menu

Best way to read sinister dexter?

Started by rs_jr, 06 August, 2016, 03:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 17 August, 2016, 03:12:10 AM
Link, are you a digital reader? Even if not, this is the Dan Abnett Legion reading order via comixology

I am when convenient- cheers, this looks like the way to go.
And thanks again Blaze.

Hawkmumbler

I'll just throw my name in the ring, Sin/Dex omnibuses would be a delight. However, seeing as it's currently seeing the floppy treatment I wont expect any news on that front for quite some time.

One final thing, does anyone remember that series of reprints IDW did for Sin/Dex? Wasn't it a series of randomly selected stories each issue then got a strange, hodge podge reprint?

AlexF

I think the IDW SinDex run may have been all Andy Clarke all the time, but otherwise yes, something of a hodge podge.

rs_jr

Thanks everyone this was very helpful. I know which trades and magazine reprints I need.

A other question, I also ordered a group of the older Dredd cases files and wanted to know how important are the first two dredd restricted case files to the overall story and are they good reads?

Thank you again all

Dandontdare

the restricted files aren't essential - they collect all the stories from annuals, summer specials etc. A lot of the early ones in particular were by writers and artists who had no prior experience on Dredd, or were written in the days when the character and Mega-city one were still being fleshed out so they do throw up some weird stories that don't fit into what is now regarded as 'canon'.

For example there's a story from the 1978 annual that begins "the chief judge has called a meeting of all mega city's judges" and there's about 12 of them around a table (the story also features terrorists destroying the world trade centre too)

some good stuff in there and some interesting curios, but a definite sideshow to the main event.