Main Menu

The Great Unreprinted list

Started by AlexF, 10 August, 2016, 08:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstreeter

Seeing that list I'm astonished that I hung on in all through the 90s.

IndigoPrime

Likewise, but then there was almost always something good in there. Mind you, remove John Smith from 2000 AD's history, timey wimey style, and I suspect I wouldn't still be reading.

glassstanley

Quote from: AlexF on 10 August, 2016, 08:46:53 AM
Skizz – book II, which I really enjoyed, was reprinted ages ago by Hamlyn. It's surely overdue to reprinted in a collection with the much-beloved original. Book III has some good ideas in it, mixed in with some dreck. But it's not so bad it'd devalue a complete collection?

The Titan reprint of SKizz was missing 3 pages - p 1&2 from ep 12 (& the text box of the first panel of p3 has been amended - originally it continued from the end of P2) and P1 of ep 22 (Cornelius' speech balloon was also changed as he was responding to Van Owen's comment on the missing page). When the strip was reprinted in the 'Best of 2000AD, the 2 missing pages from ep 12 were re-instated, but the text box was still the edited one. When Rebellion reprinted the strip as a GN, it was still missing the page from ep 22 & the text box/speech balloon changes were still the edited version. Be nice to see the originals re-instated for a hypothetical re-release.

Dandontdare

...and lets not mention [spoiler]Skizz III[/spoiler] in case someone considers reprinting it. It didn't happen!!

Rio De Fideldo

Complete Smithiverse with Fervent and Lobe Tyranny Rex Indigo Prime Firekind Dead Eyes etc would be interesting particularly to see how it reads all together.

Albion

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 August, 2016, 09:31:08 PM
...and lets not mention [spoiler]Skizz III[/spoiler] in case someone considers reprinting it. It didn't happen!!

Having recently read it again on my Prog Slog I really wish it hadn't! Skizz should've been left alone.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Colin YNWA

As I recall I quite liked Skizz III (I seem to remember it more fondly than II which felt a little light). It has a little too much going on but of course looks lovely and certainly has a lot of fun ideas.

AlexF

Some more as-yet unreprinted strips from the 'definitve' list at the start...

Bob Byrne's Twisted Tales
Bones of Eden
Tracer and Canned Heat (two strips that barely got a first print, let alone a second)
Juliet November (she only had the one solo story beyond her first appearnce in Dredd, + a couple in Anderson)
O'Rork (another Megazine one-off)
Whatever happened to? / What if (although I can well imagine some of these showing up in relevant Mega Collections that need to flesh out the page count)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 August, 2016, 05:29:20 PM
As I recall I quite liked Skizz III (I seem to remember it more fondly than II which felt a little light). It has a little too much going on but of course looks lovely and certainly has a lot of fun ideas.
Was Skizz III the odd Dredd crossover story?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 August, 2016, 08:37:02 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 August, 2016, 05:29:20 PM
Was Skizz III the odd Dredd crossover story?

It was, well it had a judge in it at least.

Steve Green

I thought it was Dredd (and Chopper) and the talking Morris Minor with the robot Teddy boy?

The Monarch

It was dredd and chopper it was set during/after oz

colindean

Did Dinosty ever get a reprint?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: colindean on 17 August, 2016, 10:52:25 PM
Did Dinosty ever get a reprint?

Some barrels are best left unscraped
Lock up your spoons!