Main Menu

Dredd Complete Case Files (Question)

Started by Rogue Judge, 24 August, 2016, 12:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

I now have the first 11 Case Files and plan on collecting the rest. I live in Canada and the North American volumes are only at volume 12 (and UK at vol 27 I think). The books switch to glossy color paper with this volume (from what I've read) so I think this would be a good volume to switch to collecting the UK collection at this point.

My question: Are there any differences between the UK and American volumes other than the jacket? I have read that they are the same, but looking online there appears to be a difference. For example the UK volume 12 is described as having 288 pages and dimensions of 18.7 x 1.6 x 25.8 cm (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1905437919/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=11EQSZB3U8LJ2&coliid=IVH9ZXHQEZ06Z)
The American volume 12 is described as having 336 pages and dimensions of 18.7 x 2 x 26 cm (https://www.amazon.ca/Judge-Dredd-Complete-Case-Files/dp/1781084793/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FFRGZGWVXK1VCMPKAFWR)

(Moreover UK vol 11 shows 368 pages and US vol 11 shows 400 pages, etc.)

Does anybody have an explanation for the differences noted on Amazon (48 page difference)? I want to begin collecting the UK volumes from here on out but would like to know the differences between the two and that I wont be missing anything. Thanks again!

PsychoGoatee

Maybe somebody will have a better answer, but my guess would just be Amazon being incorrect about the page counts. I've never heard about either version of the Case Files missing any contents in relation to the other.

Personally I have some of both, and now just get the UK ones. I can confirm that the US and UK version are the same height and width at least.

Rogue Judge

Thanks PsychoGoatee. I think that you are most likely correct and that Amazon is simply posting the wrong number of pages. Its good to know that they are the same size too - I will begin collecting the UK volumes as of now. I also noticed my local comic book store has the first three volumes of the Restricted files so I am picking those up asap as well. Am I correct that TCCF volume 12 is the first color/glossy paper volume?

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 24 August, 2016, 05:33:53 PM
Thanks PsychoGoatee. I think that you are most likely correct and that Amazon is simply posting the wrong number of pages. Its good to know that they are the same size too - I will begin collecting the UK volumes as of now. I also noticed my local comic book store has the first three volumes of the Restricted files so I am picking those up asap as well. Am I correct that TCCF volume 12 is the first color/glossy paper volume?

Yep yep, the change to color happens in Case Files 12, coinciding with when 2000AD went full color in the early 90s.

Rogue Judge

Thanks again, my mind is at ease and I can continue reading!