Main Menu

The 2012 2000AD Advent Calendar SIGN UP Thread!

Started by Pete Wells, 01 November, 2012, 01:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Any friendly letterers willing to do one page?
Lock up your spoons!

Pete Wells

Wahooooooooo!!! I don't mind admitting I was getting a little worried we wouldn't fill it!

flip-r mk2

Dr X if your still needing the lettering done, send it over

flipr08@yahoo.co.uk

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Jon

The Enigmatic Dr X

Nope. It's for a friend!

EDIT: Cos that sounds wrong, sorry Jon! It's for someone who said they wanted me to do a one page thing for them but wanted to find a letterer.
Lock up your spoons!

Jon

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 25 November, 2012, 09:04:31 PM
Nope. It's for a friend!

EDIT: Cos that sounds wrong, sorry Jon! It's for someone who said they wanted me to do a one page thing for them but wanted to find a letterer.

Well, okay then. Carry on.

WhitBloke

So this is der place then, Johnny?

SuperSurfer

Heh. Nice one WhitBloke but save some for the advent calendar.

I have a couple of ideas stewing. Going to have to piggy back on someone else's day if that's ok – which is what we do usually as there are more than 24 of us of course.

Lady Festina

Uncle Fester and I are working on our annual Christmas message, but missed the picking of the dates.... Anyone mind if we share a day with you?

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Lady Festina on 27 November, 2012, 07:51:47 PM
Uncle Fester and I are working on our annual Christmas message, but missed the picking of the dates.... Anyone mind if we share a day with you?

Fancy sharing with me - ? I could assist you with yours in some way - lettering, colouring or summat - but I'm the 10th. I guess we could swap 'til later if that's a bit soon!

WhitBloke

Speaking for myself, if anybody wants to sidle up with my efforts on the 17th, totally feel free!  Good date for getting things finished by, perhaps.  (Ha, please note my use of the word 'finished' rather than 'polished to a delectable tee' in my case!)
Quite excited about the whole thing, not least with Megabus' "Daily Dredd" element every day.

Jon

I'm happy to share too(19th). Takes the pressure off a bit just in case I get a chronic attack of lazy between now and then.

David Broughton

Quote from: WhitBloke on 28 November, 2012, 11:31:18 AM
Speaking for myself, if anybody wants to sidle up with my efforts on the 17th, totally feel free!  Good date for getting things finished by, perhaps.  (Ha, please note my use of the word 'finished' rather than 'polished to a delectable tee' in my case!)
Quite excited about the whole thing, not least with Megabus' "Daily Dredd" element every day.

Thanks WhitBloke, I finished all 25 pages about a week ago so all is ready. I like the Grey Area cartoon you posted. I especially like the layout and colour pallet that you have used with this image.

ECBT2000AD Posted this picture I drew of Dredd yesterday.

I love the ECBT website, the podcasts and reviews are well worth the visit.

For anyone interesetd I have provided a brief breakdown showing my methods drawing this Dredd picture on my blog. http://dbroughton.blogspot.co.uk/

WhitBloke

Good grief!  Here's me just trying to do the visual equivalent of holding a tune and I've suddenly grown a palette.  Very kind of you to say, Megabus, particularly when it's followed by the reminder of that instantly enjoyable Dredd portrait.

And now, in an effort to make 1950s Christmas cracker jokes look like Perrier award material, I'm back off to scrape out the bottom of a barrel labelled "Cheap Laughs" in time for the 17th...