Main Menu

2012 Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Please post comments in this thread so as not to clog the advent calendar thread up please!

Merry Christmas!

flip-r mk2

Brilliant start to this years advent calendar, nice one Pete  :D
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Buttonman

Ha-ha - that's the best caricature of me since Crimewatch UK! Still waiting to hear 'Deathnuts' as the wife is watching her 'Grimm' but it's good to see the shitey standard has been maintained. Need to tweak mine for a few zingers of my own now!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Well done, Pete. I chortled, guffawed and laughed throughout both. Excellent work.

What an opening page, Megabus. Very excited for the rest.

Mike Carroll

Blimey, what a start to the calendar! Well done, Pete - excellent work on both counts! (And a billion extra points for naming me in a song! Woohoo! Fame at last!  :P )

As for Megabus's opening page - got to say, that's mighty fine work. It wouldn't look out of place in the prog!

-- Mike

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck that came around first. Great fun best time of the year on the boards and a bonza (did anyone ever say that?) start to the whole sch-bang.

Top stuff Pete for once again sorting this and getting the ball rolling on such fine form.

COMMANDO FORCES

My lawyer will be in touch Mr Wells. Seriously though, great stuff, even though I couldn't read the right 1/4 of the page last night on my phone (as you well know) but it made the night fly by, waiting to get home to see this magnificent tale in all its glory.

As for the song, bravo! You need to audition for X-Factor next year
;)

Daveycandlish

There's two crackers to open the advent calender with - well done Pete and Megabus :thumbsup:

(Haven't heard the song yet, but I'm sure it's up to your usual standard!)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

johnnystress

Great stuff

I posted on the original thread before I saw this one ..might be an idea to put a note in there that it's for entrants only, for occasional visitors like myself if commenting on there is an issue.

johnnystress

Quote from: johnnystress on 01 December, 2012, 08:16:32 AM
..might be an idea to put a note in there that it's for entrants only, for occasional visitors like myself if commenting on there is an issue.

and on second look I see you've done that already

Don't mind me

Pete Wells

Holy cack Megabus! I gotta agree (with Mike Carroll!) that your Dredd is indeed prog worthy!

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 01 December, 2012, 07:55:25 AM
(Haven't heard the song yet, but I'm sure it's up to your usual standard!)

Unfortunately, for you lot, it is!

Thanks for the nice comments guys (my strip got the Whittle seal of approval too, if you were wondering! Not quite so sure about Burdis though...  :D)

I bloody love the board at this time of year!

Trout

Tiplodocus

Fantastic. All three bits brightened a Baltic morning.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!