Main Menu

THE 2000AD MESSAGE BOARD 2012 ADVENT CALENDAR!

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Here's my contributions... (Click the pics to see larger versions of the images!)

-- Mike

David Broughton

+++ DATA LINK ESTABLISHED +++ PAGE 9 OF 25 +++

+++ SEQUENCE CONTINUES TOMORROW +++

Rough layouts and pencils for pages 2 and 3 have been posted on my blog.
http://dbroughton.blogspot.co.uk/

redbaz

Hi all. On the 9th day of December, the forums gave to you...

CrazyFoxMachine

Ahem... I said I didn't have any ideas! Have a grumpy festive Tharg in Dredd movie regalia...

LARF

LARF

Prologue to the above:

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the Meg
Not a perp was chugging, not even a Klegg.
The juves were in lockdown, secure in their blocks
waiting till dawn and watching the clocks.

Dodging the lasers on the West wall,
Santa flew in presents and all,
Cutting it low under the zoom,
Skimming the tunnels with just enough room.

With deft skill and aplomb Santa landed his sleigh,
it goes without saying, he'd had a rough day.
Checking his six, grabbing his sack,
he climbed out, watching his back.

He'd landed on the roof of Rowdy Yates Block,
realising his mistake he let out a soft, 'drokk'.
A rough voice behind him, 'Drop the sack on the ground.'
doing as told he slowly turned round.

It was old stoney face himself, the one they call Dredd,
but Santa had presents to deliver (he wasn't using his head).
If he could get back to the sleigh, escape into the night,
he'd stand a better chance once he'd took flight.

He skittered and ran, only six yards to go,
running to his sleigh, slipping in the snow.
'Halt' shouted the judge, 'stop in the name of the law'
Santa ran on, only two yards more...

The guy in the red suit was getting away,
Dredd couldn't let him get to the sleigh.
With a resigned shrug and no other solution,
Dredd raised his weapon shouting, 'standard execution'.

Dunk!

"Trust we"

simontm

Obviously not mine (although I own them) but I thought here would be appropriate to share this Christmas Quadrytch from Alan Davis

If here is not the right place, I apologise

Trout

A little bit of silly fan fiction from me. Fun to do.

Merry Christmas!

- Trout

"Have they gone?"
"That's an affirmative, good buddy!"
"If you say it's too damn quiet I'll shoot you myself."
"Hrrrm."

The creak of a drawer in Tharg's ancient, intergalactic wooden desk is suddenly deafening in the empty office. The tiny occupants freeze, then chuckle and shake their heads at their own foolishness. More creaking and the drawer is open. Heads appear over the edge of the battered, cheap desk drawer. They're free. They're back. Exciting news, readers.

It's Christmas Eve.

Out of the drawer they pour in their dozens, their hundreds, their thousands. At first they are silent, disoriented among the abandoned desks, peering around in the gloom of an office briefly left empty by droids permitted to visit their factory batches for this one special time of year. Here is torn tinsel; there, a gaily-decorated drum of toxic waste with a page of art poking out of its sludge. It's Tharg's Nerve Centre, it's midnight, and for the forgotten multitude it's time to party.

A cheer goes up from the growing crowd, many of them humanoid and many not. Blasters, blazoogas and glowing gauntlets are fired at the ceiling in celebration and, amid falling white flakes of plaster, a dark-haired schoolboy and his pretty cousin start to make a snowman. Strange, buzzing creatures zip between people's legs and try to suck at their bodies, but are swatted away with a good-natured laugh. Somewhere, a bear-man and his small friend break out enormous barrels of Mac-Mac.

A unspoken awareness ripples through the crowd, and the dancing begins, with music blasting out of the sound system of a parked-up alien spaceship. The floor is filled with whirling figures: mutants and monsters, robots, cyborgs, clones and shapes so grotesque a mere glance at them triggers nausea. Soldiers tear aside their gasmasks to reveal pallid grins, long hidden. The scents of sweat, decaying flesh and mothballs mingle as the crowds pogo in unison.

It's a long night, and a short one. The dancing goes on forever and the music never stops. Couples peel off to find quiet corners, while near the ceiling the vampires watch, their eyes gleaming. The drunks get drunker, and one family of outlaws, filled with bitterness by their lost chance of escape, get a bit too mean and have to be put to bed. Then the party's winding down and the slow dances have started.

Outside, the light begins to grow. As usual, the fat man in the red suit didn't bother to put in an appearance; too many people here are on the other list. Realising their time is up, the long-lost heroes and villains exchange sad glances, handshakes, shirts and a little gunfire then trudge back towards the desk. In small groups and battle units, they help each other to climb up the legs. A large, bald man in yellow dungarees pauses briefly to defecate in Tharg's coffee cup before he and his brother head to bed. It's all over again. It was a good run while it lasted.

Another long, sad screech and the drawer is closed. There is silence in the Nerve Centre, where the new alcoholic, radioactive litter will go unnoticed among the rest. Nothing stirs. Except...

Moonlight is glimpsed as a fire exit, chained shut except for a few inches of leeway, opens slowly. A single set of footsteps patters off into the night and a contented sigh is heard.
"Just out," she whispers to herself.