Main Menu

2000AD FCBD 2017

Started by NapalmKev, 24 April, 2017, 10:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

My local Comic shop is not participating this year so I come to the board cap in hand!

If any kindly boarder comes across a spare copy and would like to pass it on - here I am!

I don't use PayPal but am willing to do a Noel Edmonds style Swap Shop kind of deal. I'll dig through my pile of goodies and offer something of at least five pound value (more likely higher as it's still better than buying from the internet).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

IndigoPrime

Heh! I imagine quite a few people might be doing this. My local's not doing FCBD either, but a place in Reading is. So I'll nip there and hope for the best.

Update: Just got a response from said shop: "Yes - I have the 2000 AD issue, but I think I've literally only ordered one of them ..."

Arg.

Tjm86

There's normally a few retailers that do them for p&p / cost so it's worth keeping your eyes open.  Last few years one was recommended whose name escapes me but I remember trying and never getting the damn thing and having to chase elsewhere.

Dash Decent

Great to see Sweeny Toddler in the prog!

Edit: Sorry, came to this thread via a link & didn't realise it was in the Classifieds.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 April, 2017, 06:01:36 PM
There's normally a few retailers that do them for p&p / cost so it's worth keeping your eyes open.  Last few years one was recommended whose name escapes me but I remember trying and never getting the damn thing and having to chase elsewhere.

Place in Space on eBay usually does them a couple of days after the event.

IndigoPrime

Just to reiterate I'll happily buy a spare/do a swap/offer a charitable donation if someone can send me a 2000 AD. My local store only bought one copy in, and so that was always a hiding to nothing.

NapalmKev

Quote from: NapalmKev on 24 April, 2017, 10:41:03 AM
My local Comic shop is not participating this year so I come to the board cap in hand!

If any kindly boarder comes across a spare copy and would like to pass it on - here I am!

I don't use PayPal but am willing to do a Noel Edmonds style Swap Shop kind of deal. I'll dig through my pile of goodies and offer something of at least five pound value (more likely higher as it's still better than buying from the internet).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

A hopeful BUMP from your favourite 'self-quoting' bellend, ie: Me!

Cheers

Tjm86

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 06 May, 2017, 07:35:42 AM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 24 April, 2017, 06:01:36 PM

Place in Space on eBay usually does them a couple of days after the event.

Think that's who I ended up going with last year in the end.  Judging by some comments it looks like quite a few of us are chasing this down again.  Patience generally seems to wear down the majority of scalpers.

Tjm86

.... who are clearly out in force judging by eBay.  £15 anybody?   :o

TordelBack

I have a spare copy for you here NapalmKev, or for the next intetrested party if you're already sorted. That being IP, I believe.

NapalmKev

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 May, 2017, 01:03:30 PM
I have a spare copy for you here NapalmKev, or for the next intetrested party if you're already sorted.

You're a Star, Sir! I'll take it, thank you very much! I'm happy to swap something for it! I'll PM my details to you.

Cheers

Dandontdare

I picked up two copies while no one was looking (sorry Travelling Man) but I can't remember who needs one - first to PM me with their address gets my spare

Dandontdare

Tjm86

Tjm86

Oh sorry, by me.  Memo to self - check emails you muppet. :-[

Moderator request - any chance of a face palm emoji?