Main Menu

The Daily Dredds: Vol 1

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 22 September, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Saw this lovely £30 volume in Waterstones today. It's huge... And each page has notes on previous reprints and dates. It was lovely to see the odd Steve Dillon, Ian Gibson & even a single Brett Ewins strip. A high quality book - well done Rebellion & all involved.

SmallBlueThing

Yeah,  it's lovely.  A bit out of my price range this week due to Zenith and MiracleMan vol2, but it's pencilled in.

It did feel a bit "loose" with regards to the binding,  but I guess that's due to the format and weight distribution when being handled.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

The exclusive edition has turned up and I have to say, well done Keith, as this is bloody impressive :D

Hawkmumbler

Herm...some of them left. If their arent any at Thought Bubble i'll order one when I get back.

Molch-R

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 12 November, 2014, 12:54:13 PM
Herm...some of them left. If their arent any at Thought Bubble i'll order one when I get back.

There won't be - and there's only a handful left...

Hawkmumbler

Welp, i'll probably get one on friday then. Thanks Molch-R.

Molch-R

Max Headroom

Have just  received this and it looks the absolute business! Just out of interest: did all the Saturday strips (bar none) eventually get discovered and included in thus volume? Was there perhaps a story from 26/11/83 which could not be found and remained under the radar? Just wondering...

Spikes

So these are now landing, eh? Good, good.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Max Headroom on 12 November, 2014, 03:42:37 PM
Have just  received this and it looks the absolute business! Just out of interest: did all the Saturday strips (bar none) eventually get discovered and included in thus volume? Was there perhaps a story from 26/11/83 which could not be found and remained under the radar? Just wondering...

We included everything.

COMMANDO FORCES

The packaging is rather on the large side and it was delivered by courier, so make sure you answer the door ;)

Spikes

Courier's that leave a note if they cant delivery it?

glassstanley

I'll find time to post something a little longer soon, but first thoughts - it's bloody marvellous. The editorial work that's gone into this is exceptional. Rebellion could have reprinted another best-of the Dredd strips, then they could have chosen to republish only those that they had decent copies of, then they could have chosen to stick with the poor quality scans rather than use the last minute discoveries...

By Rebellion, I mean Keith. Excellent job. Well done, and worth all the effort. Thanks.

Molch-R

Quote from: glassstanley on 12 November, 2014, 08:43:02 PM
By Rebellion, I mean Keith. Excellent job. Well done, and worth all the effort. Thanks.

Agreed. But let's not forget Kat, our expert reprographics droid, and lead designer Pye - both of whom put a LOT of work into making sure this looked lovely.