Main Menu

Free Comic Book day 2000ad 2015 - NORM BREYFOGLE

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 December, 2014, 04:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I somehow missed this in the thrill mail (was it mentioned) but details of the Free Comic Book Day 2015 2000ad are out and about and well...

NORM BREYFOGLE

Let me say that again for those not as excited about this as me

NORM - CHUFFIN' BRILLIANT ALWAYS WANTED HIM IN THE PROG - BREYFOGLE

Tharg I throw myself before you - if you want my life it is yours

QuotePublisher: REBELLION / 2000AD
(W) Matt Smith & Various (A) Norm Breyfogle & Various
The galaxy's greatest Eisner-nominated SF anthology returns to Free Comic Book Day with a 48 page zarjaz line-up of stories. In Through the Out Door, a brand new story from Matt Smith and Norm Breyfogle, Judge Dredd uses the iron fist of the law to settle a block dispute; in 3000 AD some jobs are murder, as proved by The Traveller from Mick McMahon; galactic frontiersman Ajax Bloodthirsty meets his match on the astronomical object of oblivion known as the Death Rock in a new tale from Ben Willsher and Barry Krishna; the Grand Master of Termight is sickened to find that his final resting place has been defiled by the legendary alien freedom fighter, Nemesis the Warlock in Tomb of Torquemada  by Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill; wizened master of the occult, Doctor Sin returns to pass on his mantle (and battle a demon) in Don't Call It A Comeback by Rob Williams and Luca Pizzari; pilot of the future, Dan Dare, discovers an alien satellite in Star Slayer by Dave Gibbons and Gerry-Finley Day; Celtic warrior Sláine acquaints more enemies with his axe in A Simple Killing by Pat Mills and Simon Davis; Judge Dredd upholds the law in some classic Dredd newspaper strips by John Wagner, Alan Grant and Ron Smith; and Prepare your mind to be melted by Tharg's Alien Invasions from supreme craz-o-naut Henry Flint.

Molch-R

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Molch-R on 17 December, 2014, 04:59:02 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 December, 2014, 04:57:18 PM
I somehow missed this in the thrill mail (was it mentioned)

Yep.

Teach me to skip read things... anyway more to the point

NORM BREYFOGLE

James Stacey

The cover is shown in the thrill-mail. Think Norm Breyfogle is in it too btw.

Richmond Clements

One of my all time favourite artists. I like this news.

Steve Green

I'm waiting for someone to ask if they can buy the digital comics as a physical thing in the store.

Molch-R

Quote from: Steve Green on 17 December, 2014, 05:55:00 PM
I'm waiting for someone to ask if they can buy the digital comics as a physical thing in the store.

It would certainly make a change ;)

Fungus

"Norm!"

One of the greats and a personal favourite  :) Name jumped out at me from the Thrill-Mail, a great choice for Dredd. Some Gibbons Dan Dare, plus McMahon, this needs some serious pre-ordering.

Dandontdare

I got overexcited about the Nemesis strip - thought this was a new strip  by Mills & O'Neill, but it's just a rare reprint.  Ah well, it was nice to dream for a moment....

I'm guessing the Dan Dare isn't new either.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 December, 2014, 04:57:18 PM
NORM - CHUFFIN' BRILLIANT ALWAYS WANTED HIM IN THE PROG - BREYFOGLE

I just had to look up who he was. :-[ [/geekfail]
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

I haven't read any Gibbons Dan Dare in decades, so it may as well be new...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Great. Another thing to fail to get as they vanish in seconds.
Lock up your spoons!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey