Main Menu

Bisley 'variant cover' for Crimbo

Started by Tjm86, 30 October, 2015, 04:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

radiator

So they have ditched calling the end of year progs by year? Makes sense with the 'real' prog 2000 fast approaching.

Frank

Quote from: Tjm86 on 30 October, 2015, 04:33:41 PM
Just seen this on CBR.  Not much detail.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-simon-bisley-returns-to-judge-dredd-for-2000-ad-variant

Anyone know any more?

There'll be a logo and a bar code on top of the published version?

Half the people posting on this forum will say it's nice to see him working for 2000ad again, while the other half will say it's the worst cover they've ever seen and that this sort of thing (and Bisley) belong in the nineties (which were rubbish)?

Pete Wells's 2000ad Covers Uncovered blog post on this cover will reveal that Tharg's response to The Biz's initial thumbnail was to suggest a simpler composition, concentrating on the main figure of Dredd and featuring fewer naked female judges bending over to look back at the reader from between their own arse cheeks?

Mattofthespurs

That is the worst cover I've have ever seen!!!!! and it belongs in the nineties grud dammit! (which were rubbish, by the way. the comic not the decade...Which was pretty shit as well, now I think about it). But it's nice to see him working for 2000 AD again. Needs more female butt cheeks though.

Happy now?

Tjm86

Quote from: Butch on 30 October, 2015, 05:09:32 PM

Sorry, I should have been a bit more detailed.  I deserved that.

The bit that caught my eye was the 'variant' cover.  This suggests that there may be more than one cover so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the alternate cover. 

Frank

Quote from: Tjm86 on 30 October, 2015, 05:30:16 PM
Quote from: Butch on 30 October, 2015, 05:09:32 PM

Sorry, I should have been a bit more detailed.  I deserved that.

Sorry, Tim - I was trying to be funny, not having a pop. I confidently predict the other cover for the end of year prog will feature Tharg, thrill power depicted as electricity or some other kind of plasma, and a bunch of  2000ad characters - some of whom haven't actually featured in the comic for decades. Possibly some snow or a snowflake design motif too.

Timothy

And what about subscribers? Do they get a choice of cover? And what about digital?

Actually I'm not all that bothered. Variant covers have always seemed a bit pointless to me and that particular cover, while nice enough, doesn't drive me to hunt it out.

Tjm86

Quote from: Butch on 30 October, 2015, 05:48:23 PM

Sorry, Tim - I was trying to be funny, not having a pop.

Nae probs.  I should still have been clearer.  I think when the mods redesign the site next they should include <joking></joking> and <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.  In fact I think the whole internet would be better off  with such tags at times.

W. R. Logan

Biz knocks one out again for the money, people line up to buy their first Prog in years.
Look at how s the artists labelled as Bisley clones have developed their craft and continued to improve with the passage of time. Yet the one who was once held in such high esteem just gets worse.

O Lucky Stevie!

You lot all ought to get your eyes checked.

"2000 AD" Prog 1961 ("Prog" is issue number in "2000 AD" parlance) is set to feature the following stories:

Judge Dredd: Melt by Rob Williams & Henry Flint
Strontium Dog: Repo Men by John Wagner & Carlos Ezquerra
The Order: In the Court of the WyrmQueene by Kek-W & John Burns
Absalom: Family Snapshots by Gordon Rennie & Tiernen Trevallion
ABC Warriors: Return to Ro-Busters by Pat Mills & Clint Langley
Kingdom: Beast of Eden by Dan Abnett & Richard Elson
Future Shock: The Mighty Mykflex by Martin Feekins & [b]Jesus Redondo[/b]
Sinister Dexter: Blank Ammo by Dan Abnett & Simon Davis
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Frank

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 31 October, 2015, 01:20:34 AM
Future Shock: The Mighty Mykflex by Martin Feekins & Jesus Redondo

Christmas is the perfect time for Jesus to return.

Hawkmumbler

Thats a pretty poor cover and no mistake.

TordelBack

Quote from: Butch on 31 October, 2015, 08:49:58 AM
Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 31 October, 2015, 01:20:34 AM
Future Shock: The Mighty Mykflex by Martin Feekins & Jesus Redondo

Christmas is the perfect time for Jesus to return.

For a debut, maybe.

Delighted to see this, Redondo's last one-off was as gorgeous as ever. That Bisley cover looks fine to me (I like his newer stuff), but hopefully the regular cover will be more festive.

Seriously, what a little e-up.

TordelBack

Jesus wept, auto-crucifiction, and no edit button: 'what a line-up'.

Spikes

E up, lad!  :P

Yes, it does indeed appear to be a cracking line-up. More new art from Mr Rendondo will always be appreciated.
And super keen to read that Williams/Flint Dredd as well.