Main Menu

Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkDaysBish-OP

Not sure if any of these have been reprinted yet, but I loved the art [and often the stories too]...

The Inspectre
Holocaust 12
Sancho Panzer
There's a lot of Missionary Man still unreprinted...
Less likely, but still worth a thought - a Mrs Gunderson collection?
Even less likely, a floppy of Hersheys & Dredds by Marc Wigmore [wonder whatever happened to him?]

ZenArcade

Firekind, Glimmer Rats, Tyranny Rex, Meltdown Man, Vanguard (like Junker - poor Mutiny on the Bounty pastiche: but the McNeill art). A lot of these have probably been published as stand alone titles, but surley some haven't. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Recrewt

Quote from: ZenArcade on 19 June, 2014, 04:56:53 PM
Recrewt: the Junker story is horrible; the art is to die for. Z

Fair play, there is some lovely art from Mr Ridgway.

There has been some interesting suggestions so far.  It looks like Vector 13, Armoured Gideon, Helltrekkers and Bix Barton are the current faves.

Fungus

Quote from: ZenArcade on 19 June, 2014, 04:56:53 PM
Recrewt: the Junker story is horrible; the art is to die for. Z

There's something 'Eagly' about Ridgway on the art, shiny colours and apt for the script. Meanwhile the script and dialogue stink to high heaven. That Fleischer is consistent, anyway.

Junker in the floppies would *still* be one of my favourites, if it happened.

TordelBack

I'd greatly enjoy a floppy of Shadows.  And from a similar era, Freaks.

Hawkmumbler

Vanguard and the last few stories of Caballistics inc. please.

ZenArcade

As someone mentioned earlier 2 floppies worth of super Dean Ormston would be much appreciated by this particular squax.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Timothy

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 20 June, 2014, 10:29:04 AM
Has The Dead been done yet?
In and extreme edition, yes. I have a few of them (Firekind and Armoured Gideon) and they're decent substitutes to actual collections.

Andrew_J

Quote from: Molch-R on 19 June, 2014, 04:52:22 PM
Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 19 June, 2014, 04:46:35 PM
A slight thread highjack, but I can't see where else to ask. I'm thinking of starting with the Meg once more but am inclining towards a digital subscription. I assume that means I'll miss out on the supplements, but I don't know for sure. Who can clear it up for me?

Supplements are included with the digital Megazines, Earthlet!

Would it be very awkward to split the Megazine and supplement into two separate files for download? I usually end up splitting them into two .cbz files anyway after purchase so that I can find them on the device later on without having to root through each meg.

Molch-R

Quote from: Andrew_J on 20 June, 2014, 11:30:59 AM
Would it be very awkward to split the Megazine and supplement into two separate files for download?

Yeah I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to do that, Earthlet.

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

hippynumber1

I'd like to see the Strontium Dogs/Durham Red arcs finished off in the floppies please.

Professor Bear

A thread title like that and nearly three pages in and not a single "I thought this was a thread about erectile dysfunction" comment?  This place used to be cool.

Dan Banks

I'd like to second the suggestion of the rest of the strontium dogs/tales from the doghouse/general alpha-verse stuff.