Main Menu

Meg 358: Dial Hard

Started by Richard, 14 March, 2015, 06:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Loving The  Cop. The sexy O ends.  :D
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Buttonman on 16 March, 2015, 08:24:45 PMDoesn't look like it's from the Prog - seeing as it says 'continued next month' rather than 'next week'. Going by Barney this run has the episodes between Progs 699-705 (not in 700) to go so that's six episodes left. May well be a split edition so both the Heroes and Siddah appear - one for the ages!
Makes sense. And while I'm generally not a fan of split collections (I store the floppies alphabetically, away from their parent Megs), I'm certain I'll never read HH again, so this one really doesn't bother me.

Dodsy

I'm not missing something with Angelic am I? It's never been stated that the Angel family aren't actually related has it? There was even a Ma Angel referenced at one point wasn't there?
Twitter - @dodsy84

IndigoPrime

I'm not sure if the history has ever been explored in full. I seem to recall Ma died in childbirth (Junior) but I've no idea if Rennie's latest contradicts anything else we've seen so far. (I don't much care anyway—it's a good strip, and it's about time someone did something interesting with the Angel Gang.)

wedgeski

What a fine issue, and that cover...

ZenArcade

It is a very good strip. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Dodsy on 18 March, 2015, 12:38:44 PM
It's never been stated that the Angel family aren't actually related has it?

No, but it was never stated they were either. ;)

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 March, 2015, 01:02:30 PM
I've no idea if Rennie's latest contradicts anything else we've seen so far. (I don't much care anyway—it's a good strip, and it's about time someone did something interesting with the Angel Gang.)

It will be interesting to see how far along the timeline we travel....but I expect it'll be just to the resolution of this particular situation for this run.  Hopefully, we will see more, as you're quite right, it's a good strip, and an interesting take on the characters thus far.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

TordelBack

Be totally arsom if Angelic turned out to be set in Community Officer Joe's world. Alas, that's A's baby (to coin a phrase).

TordelBack

Anzati

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 March, 2015, 09:41:20 AM
Quote from: Buttonman on 16 March, 2015, 08:24:45 PMDoesn't look like it's from the Prog - seeing as it says 'continued next month' rather than 'next week'. Going by Barney this run has the episodes between Progs 699-705 (not in 700) to go so that's six episodes left. May well be a split edition so both the Heroes and Siddah appear - one for the ages!
Makes sense. And while I'm generally not a fan of split collections (I store the floppies alphabetically, away from their parent Megs), I'm certain I'll never read HH again, so this one really doesn't bother me.

How many pages are normally in the floppy? I've never counted, but thought it was 60something. The combined Return of the Jester and remaining Harlem Heroes would be 84ish...hope that doesn't mean that Black Siddha will be split over two months. Will we get two months of Harlem Heroes being in the back portion of the floppy?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 18 March, 2015, 04:56:48 PM
Al's baby.

Nicccce.

I've been really enjoying the last couple of Megazines.  Apart from Harlem Heroes and Sextriches, which I've stopped reading, it's been gripping me completely - for the first time in years, I find myself really looking forward to the next Meg.

Al Ewing and Ben Willsher on Dredd - perfect.  A first glance of Euro-City, a proper examination of post-DOC Mega City 1, Dredd's humanity showing through his bastardy - this are a few of my favourite things.

I have to admit (and I know I'm in a minority) I'm not a massive fan of Grennie's Dredd, but he's a great writer and Angelic proves it.  I love it and I don't care how much ret-conning he does.

The Mean story - I was worried that this might be yet another 'well, we thought he was cured but...' stories, but no - Mike Carroll pays a lot of respect to Wagner's last shot at Mean, and we get just the kind of Old Testament Cursed Earth tale I love, complete with bearded prophet leading slaves through the wilderness.  (And if Wagner ever decides to ignore this story, there's a get-out clause at the start - well played, Carroll.)

Loved the Brett Ewins tribute too. 

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

DrRocka

I can't usually afford the Meg on top of my usual prog (and anything Groo - related), but I'm tempted by this one just to see how Mean Machine's story ends - is it a fitting end to the character?
Never ever bloody anything ever

ZenArcade

The Mean Machine story was a wonder to behold. One of a triumverate of excellent strips in the Meg. The Reaper story just doesn't engage me. Big fan of Anglic: the Rennie droid is on top form with this . Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Loved it. Absolutely bloody loved it. Full review inbound!

Judge Nutmeg

Hopefully not the last we've seen of mean, good story but i prefer him as a maniacal buttist /trouble magnet rather than the nice mean, one of the few characters to keep Dredd on his toes.