Main Menu

Mek Files omission

Started by mejustnow, 07 January, 2016, 05:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mejustnow

I've just finished reading Vol 3 of the ABC Warriors Mek Files, which segues very nicely into the Volgan War stories, and here was me thinking I'd now got the entire collected ABC Warriors. Nope.

Does anyone know why Alan Moore's 'Red Planet Blues' from one of the annuals wasn't included in the Mek Files? Are there other omissions? Final question: can we be certain that the Ro-Busters 'nuts and bolts' collections will be complete or will they omit some miscellany?
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Molch-R

I'm fairly sure we've mentioned it elsewhere, but the stories in ABC Warriors: The Solo Missions won't be included in the Mek Files.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: mejustnow on 07 January, 2016, 05:35:57 PM
Does anyone know why Alan Moore's 'Red Planet Blues' from one of the annuals wasn't included in the Mek Files? Are there other omissions?

For some reason the ABC Warriors annual stories are a consistent omission from the trades. The US Simon and Schuster tpb was the only reprint of Meknificent Seven to ever include it - not the Rebellion edition, not the DC edition, not the Titan editions. Similarly, you'd think the Blackblood origin story 'Dishonourable Discharge' would be a natural fit for the Khronicles of Khaos reprints (written by Mills and Skinner, Walker on art), but again, for some reason it's never collected.

When Rebellion is normally so completist about collecting together every last annual and special story they can find, I can't understand why the ABC Warriors stories are always missed out.

Anyway, you can get 'em in the 'Solo missions' TPB - http://www.amazon.co.uk/B-C-Warriors-Solo-Missions-ABC/dp/178108226X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452188630&sr=8-1&keywords=abc+warriors+solo
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

As for Ro-Busters, the previous reprint (the 'Complete Ro-Busters' phonebook) had every single annual story in it, so I imagine the next 'Nuts and Bolts' book will too.
@jamesfeistdraws

mejustnow

Thanks Molch and DJ - damn quick responses. I shall purchase solo missions and start on nuts and bolts forthwith! ( Must admit that I'd completely forgotten that the solo missions collection existed).

To clarify, in case I sounded like a case of sour grapes: those Mek Files, along with the Volgan War and Returns to both Mars and Earth are truly beautiful.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 January, 2016, 05:45:52 PM
When Rebellion is normally so completist about collecting together every last annual and special story they can find, I can't understand why the ABC Warriors stories are always missed out.

Surely the answer is: to leave enough material to accompany the Deadlock solo series in a viable TPB.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 07 January, 2016, 10:16:03 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 January, 2016, 05:45:52 PM

Surely the answer is: to leave enough material to accompany the Deadlock solo series in a viable TPB.
Thats what the book feels like really, Deadlock as the centerpoece (he's even most prominent on the cover) and everying else is kind of a back up.

Molch-R

It's also worth noting that The Mek Files aren't a 'complete ABC Warriors' series in the same vein as the Case Files and aren't listed as such - they're just nice hardcover reproductions of the main stories - so sorry if that's caused any confusion here. The Solo Missions collects one-off and sidebar stories in much the same way as the Restricted Files do for Dredd.