Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 March, 2017, 03:08:14 PM
Jim- take five minutes before responding.

What?! How was anything I posted intemperate or unreasonable? It wouldn't matter if I took five minutes, ten minutes or all bleeding day, OT's response was obtuse and indecipherable, particularly since I asked him three questions.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 21 March, 2017, 03:29:56 PM
Thank you, I do need to look into other ways of using computers, and do need to change how I sometimes post.

It doesn't require any more effort to tap/click on the 'quote' button than the 'reply' button, then at least people would know which post you were replying to.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Old Tankie

I have reread your post Jim and my updated answer is yes no and no. I have no other way of answering that question.

Old Tankie

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Tankie, you are David Davis and I claim my five pounds  ;)

Old Tankie

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Old Tankie

Hopefully Trump himself will be the first person to explore deep space.

Steven Denton

Quote from: Old Tankie on 21 March, 2017, 03:46:59 PM
I have reread your post Jim and my updated answer is yes no and no. I have no other way of answering that question.

I'm not going to trawl the thread but I'm pretty sure you have used the 2% inflation figurer as a KPI that the leave vote has already been good (or at least not bad) for the UK a few times*? Which isn't surprising as it seems to be a standard part of the Leave voter argument arsenal. The fact it's above target (inflation has a way of creeping up) but somehow no longer relevant is I think what people may find vexing**.

*maybe you haven't and it's just because I read a lot of comments on news stories that I get the impression you have

**you haven't actually said it's not relevant, you have just noted that inflation had been this high in the past. This could mean anything form it's all good, to it's terrible news to it's now irrelevant. Unfortunately due to the understandable brevity of your posts it's down to us to intemperate your meaning as best we can, and my own method is to go by the general arguments on the internet.

Old Tankie

I have said that inflation was below Bank of England target, it was, now it's not, i never said inflation would not go up.  He says fingers crossed,we'll they would be if i could cross them.

Bolt-01

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 March, 2017, 03:33:54 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 March, 2017, 03:08:14 PM
Jim- take five minutes before responding.

What?! How was anything I posted intemperate or unreasonable? It wouldn't matter if I took five minutes, ten minutes or all bleeding day, OT's response was obtuse and indecipherable, particularly since I asked him three questions.

Jim, I was simply asking you to take five before getting into it, again, with Tankie. Simple as. I don't mean to imply that you were being "intemperate or unreasonable" and if I did think you were I'd tell you so.

Theblazeuk

Well to be fair Tankie and Sharks are the only ones here who argue the Leave case and by those standards Tankie is having to do a lot of the heavy lifting. The lack of engagement or articulation of argument in context of events, past statements, economics or well, anything, is mainly frustrating because it's not much worse than what the leading voices of Brexit from Westminster to Farage have to offer...

In short it's a lot to pin on one bloke with dodgy fingers, and if the responses make little sense then it's no worse than the leading minds of that viewpoint - and hence, I suppose, the maddening frustration of continuing any debate.

TordelBack

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 21 March, 2017, 08:41:05 PM
In short it's a lot to pin on one bloke with dodgy fingers, and if the responses make little sense then it's no worse than the leading minds of that viewpoint...

Hear hear. If anything Tankie does a better job than the pros, because he comes across as a genuine advocate of whatever it is that Brexit entails and is apparently willing to live with whatever the consequences will be,  rather than the self-serving professional populist wankers who only stand to profit from the disaster.