Main Menu

AUGUST ART COMP - DREDD'S DEAD, BABY, DREDD'S DEAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 August, 2016, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

Thanks Darren, "the Law" is a heavy burden, it might just be the death of him!

Rogue Judge

These are all incredible - james newell, that image would make a great poster/lithograph! I'm definitely inspired, I think I'll throw my hat into the ring and draw one this week too.

james newell

thanks Rogue Judge, Yes do! look forward to seen it! their has been a wonderfull responce to this theme by Adrian Bamforth,  who would have tought so many people want to see Dredd's demise, closing is Sunday night 12.00am sharp.

Goaty

After sad news this morning, I need to illustrate again, is it okay for one more artwork on here?

Banners

CrazyFoxMachine

Hope all is alright Goaty - feel free to enter again although you're dividing up your vote!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

mightybren

I really struggled to imagine Dredd dying. What could possibly kill Dredd? I did attempt drawing 100 perps fighting Dredd, but that was just hard. Then I remembered how Omar died in The Wire, and how it was a shock because he was nearly invincible and just plain stubborn too... so I imagine Dredd would die in a boring mundane way, alone in a Mega City alley.
Stepped out of my comfort zone to produce this one, took me some time but it was definitely fun!

baef

Wow, the entries for this one are fantastic!

Here's my entry, I figured that Dredd would stubbornly keep going, overcome insurmountable odds, only to have his heart give out on the way to attend another crime scene.

Goaty

Yeah I am okay now, as finally home to my wife. Did this illustration on long train journey tonight. I got this idea from Boda Fett drawing.

CrazyFoxMachine

Martintds

Dandontdare

another cracker there Martintds - this month is going top be so hard to judge!

SaintofKillers

Wow. Outrageous artwork this month. Well done everyone.

Here's my effort. With extra space for a caption I couldn't think of.

Good luck to all!