Main Menu

Prog 1951 - Fall in with BAD COMPANY

Started by JamesC, 03 October, 2015, 01:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

2000ad is on a high at the minute, little bit of  buzz (TP?) collecting it from the newsagents lately. All strips are delivering.
  One small criticism would be the lack of new 'character' driven stories. Since Dante ended there has been a little void there. Of all the older character strips, Dredd is the only one that has a commanding presence, with Johnny Alpha given a small nod.
Slaine, ABC Warriors, Rogue Trooper when it appears, always look good and are entertaining, the best days are behind them. I much prefer Mill's Savage, and Defoe too,  surprisingly, it took a while to grow on me but its good fun.
Attilla might be  a contender to be a great 2000AD character, I have really enjoyed the first few outings.

So alls pretty good, but more new characters, and no retro reinventions, I'm looking at you Ulysess Sweet and Orlok, the quality creators they had I'd prefer to see on something new.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: maryanddavid on 14 October, 2015, 11:32:12 PM
Attilla might be  a contender to be a great 2000AD character, I have really enjoyed the first few outings.

I think Aquila's a really great strip, but not a particularly great character.

You make some good points, though! Most new strips that aren't a reboot/spin-off of an older strip tend to be built around a premise rather than characters.
@jamesfeistdraws