Main Menu

Prog 1954 Kingslayer!

Started by Proudhuff, 24 October, 2015, 01:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I think I'd prefer to believe that Wagner has given us the genius confection  of a PJ Maybe story in which PJ doesn't appear, rather than a credibility-stretching puzzle with several missing pieces.

Hawkmumbler

"What would PJ get from being banged up in psycho cube"

He's PJ Maybe. Logic and common sense are not mandatory when discussing this man.

Goaty

Spikes

Quote from: Tordelback on 29 October, 2015, 06:20:18 PM
I think I'd prefer to believe that Wagner has given us the genius confection  of a PJ Maybe story in which PJ doesn't appear, rather than a credibility-stretching puzzle with several missing pieces.

Yes, this works.

Tonight I shall sleep!

Batman's Superior Cousin

[spoiler]The real real PJ Maybe is dead, and this one is a backup created by him, months (or even years) ago.[/spoiler]
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

ZenArcade

Nailed Spikes. Preferred the first cover pic....sorry.Eamonn. Good prog sans Sin Dex. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Magnetica

I think Serial Serial was just utterly brilliant from start to finish. It is amazing that after 38 years of weekly and 25 years of monthly Dredds, the strip can serve up something so engaging and fresh.  There have been some great Dredds in the last couple of years e.g. Titan / Enceledaus, Block Judge, Dark Justice, The Cop, El Maldito, but this tops the lot and is probably the best since Trifecta.

it's been said recently and I would agree PJ has now got to be considered the best all time Dredd villain (even without actually appearing).  Wagner's writing is as good as ever and Macneil's art is just sublime (even if it's not fully painted  a la America...)

Prodigal2

Loved it and strangely Sin-Dex, a strip I have never really liked, grabbed me big-time-what's that about?

IronGraham

A week and still no copy even the replacement isn't  :'(
We're werewolves not swearwolves

TordelBack

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 31 October, 2015, 02:24:43 PM
Loved it and strangely Sin-Dex, a strip I have never really liked, grabbed me big-time-what's that about?

One of us, one of us...

Pop Culture Bandit

Here's our take on Prog 1954:

http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2015/10/2000ad-prog-1954.html

Really loving this fourth book of Brass Sun - Arthur is "clock punk" Terminator and the two Ians know how to ratchet up the cinematic tension when needed!

Nice ending to "Serial Serial" - I, too, was trying to see mysteries and patterns where there were none. I think this was just a PJ Maybe story, in which he wasn't the main thrust. Like Dredd, the reader is meant to have a unsettled feeling of unease that he may strike again, without clear motive, at any time... Rather than tipping too much of Maybe's hand, Wagner has returned an aura of mystique to the character and I love it!