Main Menu

Prog 1960 The Good, The Bad, The Psychotic!

Started by Ghost MacRoth, 05 December, 2015, 11:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Apestrife

Dredd: Quite brilliant. Even if the end reveal wasn't that shocking, I liked how it was handled. No clear denial of the incident brought to the public, similar to MC Confidential. Also -somewhat- one of those Post DoC "Dredd makes mistakes" (dark justice, bender and so on) stories, which I think are cool. Makes more of "getting old" than just the usual muscular decline or finding someone to carry on the cape.

Bad Company: I'm still in the dark on alot of things, but I understand enough to like the art and action. Blamm blamm blamm. Takka takka takka. Brakka brakka brakka! Can't go wrong with that! And again, the art, more comics should look like this one does :)

Terror Tales: Good/cool little story. As someone already said, felt like a opener to a longer story.

Defoe: Mill's voice was strong in this one. And with the "superiour heroes" thing, it really felt like I was reading Marshal Law at times. Good times :)

Timothy

Dredd was fun, but I found some of the dialogue strangely jarring. Dredd's busting of someone's sorry ass last week just didn't chime, and nor did his wilco this week. It's probably just me, but it didn't sound like Dredd to the extent that I had to double-check the credits to see if Mr Wagner's name was really there. Good story though.

staticgirl

Quote from: GordonR on 08 December, 2015, 10:56:18 AM
Quote from: staticgirl on 08 December, 2015, 10:35:49 AM
I've finally stumped up for the monthly print sub because I am fed up of struggling to find 2000ad in the shops or it being hidden from view by effing colouring books etc etc. It's supposed to start with this issue - do you know when it would be delivered? Wednesday? I don't want to miss the last episode of Defoe.

Subscriber copies normally arrive Saturday.  The one with the end of the Defoe story certainly did.  Are you sure your subscription will start with Prog 1960?

Yes it says so on my email.

Ringing Denise sounds like the answer.

staticgirl

Ringing Denise was the answer. She's very nice.

Apparently because I ordered at the last minute (Friday) it wasn't posted until Monday so should be arriving today or tomorrow. I shall keep my eyes peeled.

James Stacey

She's a good egg. And now you'll never look back.

Proudhuff

Quote from: James Stacey on 09 December, 2015, 02:45:33 PM

She is that and should get a proper acknowledgement in the Prog: Block Name!!

The campaign starts here  :D
DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

Dredd: just great. I was worried that the surprise had been spoiled by reading the comments on here, but actually it wasn't. If anything they wrong footed me somewhat.

Cover: just great. For me it just shows that Brendan is far better suited to Bad Company than Rufus. If there is to be more I would much prefer Brendan to do it. Indeed when Brendan and Brett worked together on a strip I could never tell who did what bit.

Defoe: nice wrap up. It's only on this series I have warmed to Leigh Gallagher's art and now he is leaving. Shame. How about Tom Foster as a replacement?

Terro Tale: didn't like the story on any level. Nice art, bit different to his normal style.

I note apart from Dredd every strip was in black and white. I'm only mentioning this as someone recently said some strip was coloured in to avoid having more than a given number in black and white. IIRC it was in reference to Storm Warning over in the Meg.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 December, 2015, 02:52:08 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 09 December, 2015, 02:45:33 PM

She is that and should get a proper acknowledgement in the Prog: Block Name!!

The campaign starts here  :D

Yep Denise is due any praise and reword that comes her way. Always a patient delight to deal with.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bad City Blue

That was possibly the worst Wagner Dredd ever.

So obvious he didn't kill the guy, Wagner wouldn't destroy years of character building that way.

Just dragged on until the obvious conclusion. Not only that, but the dialogue was not nearly up to Wagner standard.

Shown it without credit I would never have guessed it was him.

Art was great though
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Frank

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 10 December, 2015, 11:19:42 PM
That was possibly the worst Wagner Dredd ever

WELCOME, NEW READER!

The Beating was fine, but it was a one-and-done idea. RIP Leigh Gallagher - he draws heroes; hasn't drawn any yet.

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Hawkmumbler

Wait, so has Leigh Gallagher left the house of Tharg or just Defoe?...

Steve Green

I think he's working on something with Ian Edginton isn't he?