Main Menu

Prog 1964 - Big Jobbed (Like Turds in the rain)

Started by Tjm86, 16 January, 2016, 12:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Magnetica on 20 January, 2016, 10:06:44 PM

Again just shows everyone has a different opinion. I started with Starlord and the early* stories were all about disaster management and I loved them. I think I am right in saying once Starlord merged with 2000AD there was only one disaster story, the one about the train crash (and that was more like a whodunnit anyway).

* if memory serves Massacre on the Moon and the Tax Man Cometh were moving away from that format  - but I haven't read them in 38 years - must dig out those Starlords for a re-read.

Your memory serves you correctly.  There were a few stories before Starlord merged that were more of the conspiracy style story as you say.  Once the merger took place, other than the initial merged story the series went to Hammerstein's War Memoirs then the Terra Meks, the latter of which was very much playing up Quartz as the Captialist Monster.  A theme that was starting to play out before the merger.  After this Ro Jaws got his past moment of glory before the final Rise and Fall story which is where we seem to currently be.

It's been interesting delving into the original Titan reprints and their introduction where Burton alludes to those stories as having been a prelude to a new direction for the title.  It very much looks like this is precisely what is happening at the present point in time, with a view toward aligning it with the ABC Warriors chronology.

I, Cosh

Feel a bit bad but  there is absolutely nothing in this Prog which makes me want to read the next episode.

Sexton's Dredd art is the one exciting thing here. See you in a month or two
We never really die.

W. R. Logan

Paraphrasing Blackadder:
Yes... take down a telegram, Bob.
To Mr. P Mills, Rebellion Studios, Oxford, England.
Congrats stop. Have found only person in world less funny than you stop.
Name Baldrick stop.
Signed E. Blackadder stop.
Oh, and put a P.S.
please, please, please stop.

Proudhuff

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 23 January, 2016, 12:15:07 PM
Paraphrasing Blackadder:
Yes... take down a telegram, Bob.
To Mr. P Mills, Rebellion Studios, Oxford, England.
Congrats stop. Have found only person in world less funny than you stop.
Name Baldrick stop.
Signed E. Blackadder stop.
Oh, and put a P.S.
please, please, please stop.

^^^^ this.
DDT did a job on me