Main Menu

The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 April, 2012, 10:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Chaps and chapettes,

The time of The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel is nigh! In 2013 I'm ditching the TARDIS full of jelly beans, I'm leaving my Doctory gimmick behind and I'm starting anew. With a small press anthology that's going to be bigger, more time travelly and more odd than anything I've previously attempted. Times twenty and a half.

- - SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS - -

One to four pages - the only real rules are:

- No Doctor Who/liscensed properties of any kind - !
- It MUST involved time travel in some manner of form. Humorous, dark or outright madness all be good with me - !

Please mail everything related to:
psychedelic.submissions@gmail.com

Script submissions close July 1st!

Greg M.

More odd, you say? I shall take this as a challenge to outdo my peculiar submissions for Dr WTFs?! #1 & #2! Without a Doctor to pervert, I will probably end up writing about a time-travelling tapeworm or something equally nonsensical, mind you. Hmmm... actually...

locustsofdeath!

The responses to these threads always crack me up.  ::)

You go, Owen! I hereby bestow upon you the title of Small-Press Prince! You are royalty in the eyes of us paupers looking to sow a few beans!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Greg M. on 01 April, 2012, 11:08:25 PM
will probably end up writing about a time-travelling tapeworm or something equally nonsensical, mind you. Hmmm... actually...

Didn't Pat Mills all ready do that?

Greg M.

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 01 April, 2012, 11:27:24 PM

What amuses me is the way you pretend you don't do the whole same 'play by play' thing too sometimes. ;)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 April, 2012, 11:34:33 PM
will probably end up writing about a time-travelling tapeworm or something equally nonsensical, mind you. Hmmm... actually...

True, true: Pat Mills has already done everything. He is the Johnny Cash of comic writers.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Greg M. on 01 April, 2012, 11:40:44 PM
Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 01 April, 2012, 11:27:24 PM

What amuses me is the way you pretend you don't do the whole same 'play by play' thing too sometimes. ;)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 April, 2012, 11:34:33 PM

True, true: Pat Mills has already done everything. He is the Johnny Cash of comic writers.

Are you talking about my El Bigote thread? Sure, I do. But that's entirely different than posting on every small press thread about how wonderful my ideas are before I've so much as put them to paper. I guess I'm from the school of do it before I talk about it. But, carry on.

Emperor

Get a room ladies!! Then locusts can leave the door open ;)

Anyway back on topic - I might be interested in this... or not. Only time will tell.  :lol:
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Greg M.

I wasn't specifically thinking of your El Bigote thread, locusts - it was just a general aside, intended as a friendly sort of tease. Sorry if it didn't come across that way.

Not quite sure if that comment about professing wonderfulness is specifically aimed at me or is intended to be more general, but I can't say I recall ever claiming any idea I've had was wonderful. Odd / weird / peculiar? Sure, I've said that, in this case attempting to follow the tongue-in-cheek, playful-banter style that CFM's original post was written in, but that's it. Oh well.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Emperor on 02 April, 2012, 12:15:46 AM
Anyway back on topic - I might be interested in this... or not. Only time will tell.  :lol:

Hopefully it doesn't get sucked into the same wormhole that your Hallowscream script got lost in  :D.

And I left that door open for a reason - in hopes that Roger would be abducted.

Emperor

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 02 April, 2012, 12:18:19 AM
Quote from: Emperor on 02 April, 2012, 12:15:46 AM

Hopefully it doesn't get sucked into the same wormhole that your Hallowscream script got lost in  :D.

They have both been wrestled from the space-time sphincter they got lodged in. We should see both of them later this year.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Van Dom

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I've had a project for Dr WTF in gestation for nearly 3 years and you're telling me, just when it looks like it might actually be ready for the  next edition ---- there is no next edition?!?!?!

Denied!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

locustsofdeath!

Yeah, D, but if I recall correctly - your strip can easily be tweaked to work without the good Doctor.

And, wow, your artist didn't get the strip done for THIS year's Dr. WTF?! I just assumed you were in the issue!!! Bummer.

Ghastly McNasty

I'm in.

Time travel script was submitted to you 3 weeks ago after I found this thread next week!

bluemeanie

Cool... just sent a 3 pager over

It's a bit on the dark side though. Yeah, I know... big f*cking surprise   :-\

The Enigmatic Dr X

My story was the best. Everyone agreed, ten months from now.
Lock up your spoons!