Main Menu

APRIL ART COMP - SLÁINE

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 April, 2017, 11:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From March winner Uwe de Witt:

CROM! This is where we're at then: a solid month of celtic mayhem! Get yourself into a warp spasm, salmon leap your way up the voting and axe yourself a graphic novel!

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner of course, and one for Tharg's Choice - and there will also be a bonafide 2000 AD droid choosing their favourites - all entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page, and also on the official 2000 AD Tumblr and Twitter!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- It must fit the theme.

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall here: https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

YOU HAVE UNTIL APRIL THE 23rd WHEN WE SHALL SLAY THE VOTING DEMON!

Andy Lambert

Well, I started drawing a Cythron warrior but I'm not feeling it, I haven't actually got enough time to do it justice so it's another non-entry from me... :/

Rogue Judge

I'm not sure what your not feeling there Andy, this looks like a great start! I haven't seen your art during this phase before so its interesting to see the step in your process. Its early in the month, hopefully you have some time free up!

Andy Lambert

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 03 April, 2017, 09:45:19 PM
I'm not sure what your not feeling there Andy, this looks like a great start! I haven't seen your art during this phase before so its interesting to see the step in your process. Its early in the month, hopefully you have some time free up!

Thanks, Rogue - I can just tell already it's not going to work, and I can't focus enough time and energy on it as I've got at least two other projects to complete this month. Nevermind, I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with and I hope to participate again in a month or two. :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Paul Somers - Aladdin Slaine

Karen Holloway - Blessing by the Goddess Danu

Tulio_Vilela

My entry for the contest: "Slaine the Wanderer". Homage to great cartoonist Sergio Aragonés, creator of other barbarian, "Groo the Wanderer".

Tjm86

That dog seems to be seriously eyeing up that leg!   ::)

RaggedMan

The Warped One

In gratitude to the master, Massimo Belardinelli

JayzusB.Christ

Loving all this Sláine stuff.  Like most Sláine-based puns, Aladdin Sláine took me a minute - i always mentally pronounce it the Irish way (not on principle or anything; my irish-speaking dad told me how to pronounce it when the very first story came out, and i didn't know for years it was said any other way).

And yeah, i kind of thought the same thing about Tiulio's dog as you did, Tjm.  Love it though.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

CrazyFoxMachine

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Leigh S

Journey to Dinas Emrys

(always wondered what Slaine, Nest and Ukko got up to between the end of Dragon Heist and the start of Time Killer, given they get all kitted out with Leyser guns and new outfits!

Andy Lambert

Sweet Grud! That's astounding, Leigh...! :o

Goaty

Too many great images, I finish mine but not sure or happy with it!