Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Brian

Aren't the end of year progs just annuals?

capatom

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 September, 2015, 10:17:50 AM
Quote from: capatom on 15 September, 2015, 02:00:04 AMSlight cheeky note - I don't suppose any of the [Dan Dare] Quality reprint covers are/will be included? Or indeed those great DD annual covers?  And perhaps the 2000AD 1978 annual cover - that is DD, after all. :)
The recent Zenith collections included some of these so I don't see why not. However, none of the stories in this first volume have ever been reprinted. The Quality run started with Doppelganger from Prog 52.

The Zenith inclusion was primarily why I was asking but, yes, you're absolutely right in terms of reprints - so volume 2 hopefully?

I'll petition again for inclusion of those 2000AD/DD annual covers though. :)

Dash Decent

Dash Decent got an annual cover?

Oh, the other fellow.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Proudhuff

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 September, 2015, 08:55:12 PM
I sign away my rights all the time. Sometimes, it makes me a little sad and sometimes it doesn't. Much of that comes down to the deals I have and the publishers. I imagine in this case, the deal must be a win-win.

From the interviews it sounds like a win-win, and the two creators are hardly running screaming from Rebellion with their other output. I really don't think Matt will be 'doing a Pat' in thirty years time.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

sorry for double post:

Matt Brooker said: "Scarlet Traces began its life in print at the Judge Dredd Megazine in 2002, so in many ways this feels like coming home. Ian and I have always had an excellent relationship with 2000 AD, who have backed us in doing some of our best work. It's always tough to let your offspring go, but we trust Rebellion to do a great job both in publishing and promoting Scarlet Traces, and we've every confidence it will thrive in its new home."
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

So, does the deal also cover their adaptation of War of the Worlds, or just the two series of Scarlet Traces?

Molch-R

Hawkmumbler

::)

How typical, an official update had been released and I didn't think to check the home page! Many thanks for that, Molch-R.

IndigoPrime

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 October, 2015, 12:33:52 PM
Good to know you've the rights to the WOTW adap. That's really nicely done too.

It's one of the best adaptations of the book in any medium, I think.  Dizzy in particular brings both the horror and humanity right down to the reader's level - catches that same nightmarish quality that the Tom Cruise flick achieves in its first act (before it goes all gung-ho and crap).  The scene where the reporter is taken in and cared for by a family, amidst all the destruction and loss of London, is extraordinarily moving.  Not easy to do with material that you've seen a thousand times in innumerable forms.

IndigoPrime

I also love the whole alt-reality universe they created. I've never understood the fascination with modern-day adaptations of WOTW. It becomes yet another run-of-the-mill contemporary disaster movie. What I want to see on the big screen is a stripped-down version of the original story: techno-organic steampunk tripods vs Sharpe, essentially. (Well—ish. Sharpe's 80 years too early, but you get the idea.)

Failing that, a big-screen adap of all three Scarlet Traces books would do nicely. Anyone got a spare $300 million down the back of the sofa?

Eamonn Clarke

A good moment for me to promote my annotations site with notes about all the references in the Scarlet Traces series, with official Ian Edginton & D'Israeli approval.
See my links below.

Max Headroom

Just wondered if anyone knows if the forthcoming 'Ichabod Azrael' release in December is a paperback or a hardcover? Forbidden Planet seems to suggest a softback, but I was sure I saw something from 2000ad themselves that suggested a hardcover. Also, will it comprise the entire story from start to end?

Any help gratefully received.

IndigoPrime

Robo-K33F