Main Menu

Writing to Tharg 2012 - LETTERSENTERTAINYOU THE ROAD TO 10,000

Started by Buttonman, 20 May, 2012, 09:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 22 May, 2012, 07:09:12 PM
Anything that gets me mentioned in the Meg and the LETTERSENTERTAINYOU in the same week is good by me.
And I'm anything but cross, except I haven't received my free graphic novel yet  >:( ;)

Me neither but forget that - is Gareth Crossman of Cambridgeshire a relation of yours? The Beast needs to feed on such data.

Mattofthespurs

Not that I know of. Although I'm happy to welcome him to the family if he reads the holy text.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Mattofthespurs

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Alski

Actually got a GN I didn't already have, so thanks to Tharg for The Restricted Files Vol 2.

About time the letters were returned to the Prog, as you feel like a wally for writing otherwise.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Mattofthespurs

Mine arrived today, too. "Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks" which I've had in my Amazon basket since time immemorial.

Delighted, as they saying goes. Thanks Tharg (almost makes up for the 3 copies of Ballad of Halo Jones).

Buttonman

I got 'Droid Life' - good choice as it's one of the few that I don't have. Restricted Files 3 next time please!

Buttonman

We promised added value with this relaunch and <BLAM> here we go already!

We have received an anonymous donation of the excellent 'Droid Life' book that a lucky correspondent received from Tharg for having a letter printed. He's not ungrateful but he's now read it and isn't allowed to have any more stuff cluttering up the shelf in the bathroom.

We respect the donator's right to privacy but he has agreed to post the question :

Mmmm! Good question - remember there's more than one way to appear in the Nerve Centre!

All correct replies in this thread at the time of the next LETTERSENTERTAINYOU will be put in a draw or rock, papers, scissors play off. We'll see what happens.

Buttonman

It's time for another new feature (I know, Groan!)

Board at Work

Each week, or possibly never again, we'll have a look and see what the contribution this board makes to the letters page. This week the contribution is MASSIVE with only Michael Renehan of Indonesia being unknown around these parts - Unless you know different! Our chosen few with board names are :

MATT    CROSSMAN   MATTOFTHESPURS
ZACH    HAWKINS   HAWKMONGER
ALAN    HOLLOWAY    ALSKI
TOM    PROUDFOOT    PROUDHUFF
STEPHEN    WATSON   BUTTONMAN

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Proudhuff

I'll have a stab at Wagg, as it was a decent nightclub.
DDT did a job on me

Emperor

I'm guessing Nestor.

I really must try and get another letter published, as one for brown-nosing almost doesn't count ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Buttonman

Competitor number two - Emperor.

It appears we have a Nerve Centre based contest.

Don't dis the brown nose letter - without them Proudhuff would be among the nonletscrot readership!

Proudhuff

I can't wait for Butt'man's thesis on the Letter's of Proudhuff: Lies, damn lies and the Beast
DDT did a job on me