Main Menu

What color is Dredds suit?

Started by Dread, 30 January, 2016, 10:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dread

Stupid question I know but is his suit black or blue, and if it is depicted in diffirent colors by artists which color is the most recognizable of the two?

Sorry about this question im actually very new to judge dredd and 2000ad, but i have fallen in live with the charachter! Im getting a poster and i need to knke which color of his uniforn has been most influenial/prominent

Ghost MacRoth

Whenever I painted miniatures and models of Judges, I always went for Dark blue.  Except the SJS, I did them black.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Dread

Yeah, I cant tell if it is a black costume with blue highlighting, or a blue costume with shading.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Dread

So black blue highlightings? Thats a great example btw

The Enigmatic Dr X

Black. Blue is meant to be light on it
Lock up your spoons!

Dread

Is this in every incarnation or the mjority of incarnations? I know difitent artists have dif takes

Ghost MacRoth

Entirely subjective.  It's been drawn as black with the blue as highlights, or an entirely blue suit with darker blue detailing.  I reckon it's really artists interpretation.

CrazyFoxMachine

When I've coloured it I tend to do it as a very very very very very dark blue.

"They shaft you every time"

Dread

Quote from: Dread on 30 January, 2016, 10:49:37 PM
Is this in every incarnation or the mjority of incarnations? I know difitent artists have dif takes

Has there been a majority tho?

Ghost MacRoth

The majority are likely the black and white strips....hard to tell from that!

JOE SOAP

Ghost MacRoth

jacob g

I stick to the black suits for my Dredd miniatures. Only once tried blue suit and didn't liked final effect.
margaritas ante porcos

Echidna

The helmet, I think, is definitely black. So if the helmet is depicted as black with blue highlights, and so is the suit, then the suit is black. But sometimes the helmet's highlights are white, which makes the suit look really blue.