Main Menu

What color is Dredds suit?

Started by Dread, 30 January, 2016, 10:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaggedMan

I'm sure I've seen a colour chart created in 90's when 2000ad was trying to get into character licensing.
I think Cliff Robinson art but it had the official colours set out. My googling is failing me though... oh, no found trace of Anderson on http://secret-oranges.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/anderson-specs.html home of the mighty Steve Cook.

ZenArcade

Not too sure what is being asked here. The uniform is black with green arm and knee pads; green boots and gloves, green utility belt with a red, white and blue buckle; gold shoulder pads and badge topped off with a red and black helmet wtihna gold embossed badge on the front. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dread

Quote from: ZenArcade on 31 January, 2016, 12:16:41 AM
Not too sure what is being asked here. The uniform is black with green arm and knee pads; green boots and gloves, green utility belt with a red, white and blue buckle; gold shoulder pads and badge topped off with a red and black helmet wtihna gold embossed badge on the front. Z

It just apears blue in some comics

The Adventurer

Quote from: Dread on 31 January, 2016, 12:32:13 AM

In line art coloring blue highlights are often used to suggest black materials.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I just assumed it was the colour of JUSTICE
You may quote me on that.

Dread

Quote from: Dread on 31 January, 2016, 12:32:13 AM

So it is black? This reminds me of early/70's batman how he apears blue but he is just incredibly highlighted

sheridan

Dash Decent

Plus striped socks, though this could be Dredd's (Maria's, Walter's) personal choice.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Carlos frequently colours the two shoulder pads and the badge differently (gold for the eagle, a bronze for the pad, more silver for the shield), plus many of the 'classic' full-colour depictions (Bolland, McMahon) have gold elbow pads. If those three definitive artists can't agree, not much hope for us.

Conceptually, the uniform should be black, with its overtones of an executioner's hood and blackshirt regalia.

Big_Dave

Quote from: Dread on 30 January, 2016, 11:27:15 PM
Quote from: Dread on 30 January, 2016, 10:49:37 PM
Is this in every incarnation or the mjority of incarnations? I know difitent artists have dif takes

Has there been a majority tho?

1977-1987 - line art era - blue supposed to be black

1987-1995 - painted era - line art guys (ezquerra, dillon, ewins) color uniform black but painters go blue

1995-2016 - computer era - black

blue - 10 years
50/50 - 8 years
black - 21 years

black majority

W. R. Logan

SIP

It's black. Always been black.

Black.

TordelBack

Not wanting to derail the thread, but look how much Goodman's 'Origins' uniform looks like the Generalissimo's in the post above:

Not one to miss a trick, that Carlos.

teckno viking

Black Uniforms has always been my take. With shiny Black helmets ooo eerrr

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: sheridan on 31 January, 2016, 03:16:44 AM
Now, now - they've got blue skin, not blue uniforms!

Kinda both.  I know it was a headline that is essentially a very tortured pun....but I seem to recall more reference to the uniform being blue inside.....however I could simply be selectively remembering to support my preference of blue! ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!