Main Menu

Who is Michael Carroll going to KILL (in 2000 AD)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 04 February, 2016, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Tragedy doesn't mean someone is going to die. If it is though, I doubt it will be Beeny as her death wouldn't have major repercussions for the city. If it's someone like Hershey it's a bit of an indicator Mr Wagner might be taking a back seat in the strip. :(

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: James Stacey on 05 February, 2016, 08:18:07 AM
Tragedy doesn't mean someone is going to die. If it is though, I doubt it will be Beeny as her death wouldn't have major repercussions for the city. If it's someone like Hershey it's a bit of an indicator Mr Wagner might be taking a back seat in the strip. :(

Y'know, this thread was giving me a serious feeling of unease, and I couldn't put a finger on why that was.  You've nailed it though.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 February, 2016, 12:09:49 PM

Y'know, this thread was giving me a serious feeling of unease, and I couldn't put a finger on why that was.  You've nailed it though.

I wouldn't jump the gun yet, only a few weeks ago we had the Dredd dream team of Wagner / MacNeil on double-duty in the the Prog and Meg.

Link Prime

With Mike's recent stint on DeMarco PI, she was my initial suspicion for the dirt-nap.

The preview for 'Dust to Dust'* has me thinking otherwise. Giant perhaps?

*(NB- It will be great to see a Carroll / Flint team-up) 

mejustnow

In an existential move Michael Carroll is going to kill hope.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Steve Green

Everyone.

Mike's made a 3D model of a TAD so realistic, it actually works.

NapalmKev

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 February, 2016, 07:29:58 PM

a tragedy awaits that will have major repercussions for Mega-City One

The death of Judge Joseph Dredd. I don't believe the demise of any other characters would affect the City in the way Dredd's death would.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Link Prime

Quote from: NapalmKev on 05 February, 2016, 01:26:11 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 February, 2016, 07:29:58 PM

a tragedy awaits that will have major repercussions for Mega-City One

The death of Judge Joseph Dredd. I don't believe the demise of any other characters would affect the City in the way Dredd's death would.

Cheers

Could be. At least the apparent death of Judge Joseph Dredd.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 February, 2016, 01:22:25 PM
Everyone.

Mike's made a 3D model of a TAD so realistic, it actually works.

Well, that will certainly shake a few things up in, and indeed outside of, Dredd continuity.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Skullmo

To celebrate your continued enjoyment of the story we will give you  . . . one less character to enjoy.

I hope it is Dredd. And the people can act like a superhero has died. And Rico can think 'but can i fill his boots?'. And people can cry. Then a few months later he can come back and people can say 'oh great'. Sigh. - event comics.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Frank

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 February, 2016, 12:43:29 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 February, 2016, 12:09:49 PM

I wouldn't jump the gun yet, only a few weeks ago we had the Dredd dream team of Wagner / MacNeil on double-duty in the the Prog and Meg

Yeah, but MacNeil and Flint are the equivalent of an orb and sceptre; killing a major character as part of the big Summer event story places the crown on Carroll's glowing pate. Michael Carroll is definitely now the writer charged with shaping the direction of the strip.

Wagner's on record as saying he intended Day Of Chaos to be his last story before retirement. If he's stepping back from controlling the future of the strip, that explains why some have found recent Wagner Dredd to lack the expected sense of taking the strip forward.

I can't see Carroll killing Beeny, for the same reason he won't kill off Gerhart or Maitland. Each Dredd writer has their own bit of turf, and Beeny is Wagner territory. If they're looking to signal Carroll's authority over the strip, Hershey's death would be the most obvious choice.

Skullmo

My understanding is that Wagner is still writing Dredd stories.
It's a joke. I was joking.

JOE SOAP

Michael Carroll will commit seppuku live in the comic.

Tjm86

TBH if it is going to be anyone I kind of hope it is Hershey.  I just can't get behind the dynamics there.  I can't quite put my finger on what it is about her as CJ but it really just doesn't work properly for me.  Sorry.

And to Mr Soap:  loving the single entendre there.