Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

What a surprise, all Star Trek series included original series and animated series is now on Netflix UK!

TordelBack

Fantastic! Are these the dreadful 'remastered SFX' versions? Oh who cares, this is just great news.

JamesC

That's good news.
Now I can watch some TNG episodes from pre-First Contact - before the Queen came along and ruined everything! ;)

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Tordelback on 30 June, 2016, 01:20:16 PM
Fantastic! Are these the dreadful 'remastered SFX' versions? Oh who cares, this is just great news.

That is good news.  Have I the patience to watch Voyager all the way through?

I had Season 1 with the remastered SFX. I personally thought they were pretty good. They just looked like phenomenally good sixties effects as opposed to noughties effects pasted on top.  (cf - Jabba from Star Wars special edition).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Ah don't mind me, I just don't see the point of farting about with SFX - it was what it was. But I have been flicking indecisively around for an hour now, unable to decide in which order to sample this bounty...! Just an amazing thing to have at your fingertips.

Hawkmumbler

Welp, I have NEVER watched any classic Trek. Or very much at all for that matter, must fix that now.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 June, 2016, 07:24:38 PM
Welp, I have NEVER watched any classic Trek. Or very much at all for that matter, must fix that now.

So very, very young...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 June, 2016, 08:16:24 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 June, 2016, 07:24:38 PM

So very, very young...
I was always more in the Doctor Who and Gundam crowd. :lol:

Colin YNWA

When I was your age Gundam was a dwarf I played in the new game Dungeons and Dragons...

Hawkmumbler

Heh, in way's Gundam is not unlike Trek. Multiple stories in a congruent timeline, excellent stuff.

Oh, and i've never played a game of D&D in my life either!

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 June, 2016, 09:20:09 PM
Oh, and i've never played a game of D&D in my life either!

You should come round our gaff.  I'll have my 6 year old school you in the ways of the Heisenberg compensator and the bill-guisarme.  Benefits of a classical education.

Hawkmumbler

It would be my honour, Senior Tordels! It's somewhat telling my only experience in D&D law is THAT movie and the cartoon series (a favourite of mine as a child)!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 July, 2016, 10:46:06 AM
It would be my honour, Senior Tordels! It's somewhat telling my only experience in D&D law is THAT movie and the cartoon series (a favourite of mine as a child)!
Justice is in the eye of the beholder.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 July, 2016, 10:46:06 AM
...my only experience in D&D law is THAT movie and the cartoon series (a favourite of mine as a child)!

I have no idea what you're talking about. Both sound like interesting projects, what a shame neither ever came to pass.

Professor Bear

They made a tabletop RPG based on the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series?  How delightfully novel!