Main Menu

ABC warriors timeline

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 09 August, 2004, 07:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Would I be right in saying that when the warriors were originally on Mars, it was in the 21st century, whilst now it's in the post-Torquemada era? If so, the planet hasn't really evolved too much, and it's weird that Termight is called Earth again and that native Martians survived the alien purges. It's still good though. That is all
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Art

IIRC they travelled back in time during the events of The Black Hole, to the pre-Torquemada Terran empire, and possibly travelled in time again after that, since the current series seems to be set on Mars not long after the Warriors first travelled there.

JayzusB.Christ

Fair enough. On that subject, did they go forward in time to Nemesis' era in the first place, or did they just, like, hang round a few millenia until the earth was hollowed out?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Art

The later, I beleive. Certainly that's what happened to Mek Quake.

Priv8eye

Certainly when Nemesis went around to gather them they all appeared to be there in that time.  There were reerences to how long Hammerstein had been doing it all for and how tired he was of it.

He even wanted to die until nemesis got hold of him.

Tordelbach

While this matter clearly falls under the banner of "For God's Sake Don't Ask -  Just Be Grateful", if forced to answer I'm with Art on this one.

I don't think it's a particularly short time that has elapsed between the first and second Mars campaigns.  It could possibly even be that several centuries of terraforming have passed (witness the further regression of the Cyboons, and enough time for all this planetary consciousness stuff to kick in), but it quite clearly isn't the millennia that would have expired if there wasn't time travel involved (look at the contrast between the technology in Mek Quake in Nemesis Book III and Hammerstein in Book IV and the Terran Empire of the "Hellbringer" era).  

Simply put, the sequence from Hammerstein's POV is:  

Hammerstein. Blackblood, Joe, Steel Horn etc.  built for various sides in the Volgan War, early 21st century.

Volgan War ends.

Warriors go to Mars the first time, 21st century.

Steelhorn/Mess becomes part of Big George

Warriors leave Mars after a few years (?)

Happy Shrapnel dies in a brawl.

Warriors disband.

Deadlock is "absorbed" into Nemesis, Hammerstein gets around in various guises.  Mek Quake and Ro-Jaws meet Hammerstein (?), and part again.

Millennia pass, the Terran Empire expands and becomes Termight, Torquemada comes to power and Mek Quake, Hammerstein, Mad Ron, Hitachi etc.  end up fighting for Termight, Joe becomes a transvestite cop etc.

Nemesis reforms the Warriors, adding Ro-Jaws and Mek Quake for the first time, and sends them all into the Time Wastes.  Terri joins the Warriors and gets squashed in short order.

They escape the Time Wastes but end up far in the past, the era of the Terran Empire, millennia earlier.

Various nicely painted but ultimately awful Khaos adventures take place on the fringes of the Terran Empire.  Morrigun joins the Warriors.

The Warriors get sense and tire of all this rubbish, Ro-Jaws leaves, and teh rest head back to Mars for a Second time, a few centuries after they first left.  Morrigun dies, Steelhorn gets re-embodied and rejoins.

The only reason any of this may matter AT ALL is that somewhere out there in the galaxy is a younger version of each robot (except possibly Deadlock).  

And no, it doesn't really matter whatever way you slice it.

Ah Pat, what tangled webs you weave...

Tweak72

nope pat has finally lost it now triying to re hash the old adventures with new(ish) droids
FILE AND PLACE IN "BOLLOCKS" TRAY
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Tordelbach

Actually I 'd like to contradict myself, and not just to argue that my use of the word "expired"  seems very odd on re-reading.

The timeframe of teh new Mars stories sort of DOES matter, in so far as it could make for some quite interesting dialogue and enjoyably confusing situations.

For example (and I know it's too late for this now but...) what if one of the Shadow Warriors was the younger pre-Khaos version of Hammerstein?  Or maybe better yet, another Blackblood (without the kango-hammer leg)?  It's a nice Cover Picture opportunity if nothing else.

A bit of catching-up between Steelhorn and the rest might be also  be interesting.  Steelhorn of course doesn't have a younger version out there somewhere, but he should be the resident Mars expert and he has been merged with a planetary consciousness for (maybe) centuries.  Got to have some interesting stories to tell.

Hammerstein and the boys on the other hand have (since they left the Mess behind) actually witnessed the ultimate end of life on Earth in a Time Machine stylee (the Monad sequence in Nemesis Book V), embraced all sorts of kooky religions and fetishes, fallen in love (well, Hammerstein anyway), and seen where stupid humans will eventually bring their galactic "civilisation" etc. etc.

It's got to be worth some kind of campfire conversation...

Tex Hex

>>what if one of the Shadow Warriors was the younger pre-Khaos version of Hammerstein?

Well if you're going to mess around with time sooner or later you have address this stuff. It'd be alienating to newer readers (I, for one, am not familiar with pre black-hole stuff) but thats the price you pay. I reckon.

hex

Tweak72

">>what if one of the Shadow Warriors was the younger pre-Khaos version of Hammerstein?

Well if you're going to mess around with time sooner or later you have address this stuff. "

ah ha maybe this could save the story
young hammerstein Vs old hammerstein then them joining together agaist deadlock and the melding with him and all the rest of the ABC worriors in an attempt to finnally end the rehashing of the same old storys and then they spend the rest of enturnity orbiting the sun all locked together forever (or untill some bright spark brings them back as they will probibly collided with ol' torq and nemisis and set them free too)...

...or something
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Art

Sounds like a bit more effort than Pat Mills would be up for as well...