Main Menu

Future Shocks : Spoonful of universe

Started by chtyrone, 06 April, 2005, 01:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chtyrone

Anybody remember a future shock in one the very, very early issues about humanity finding the end of the end of the universe, just to find the universe was one spoonful of soup of some large species tea.
Or something like that. I'm trying to track down the exact issue it came from.
Anyone who can help, I'd be much obliged.
Regards

steffclarke

Hi all,
I am trying to track down the prog that published the drawing of 'Judge Quinch' I sent in, it was between 250 & 500, sorry I cant be more specific, but my Mum threw out my entire collection of Starlords & 2000AD after I left home! Unusually it was in colour & on the back cover(or inside of the back cover), I think it was a special anniversery or summer special. I was convinced from memory it was prog 300 until I bought a copy.
All help gratefully received!!
Stephen Clarke

House of Usher

Was that in The Ultimate Future Shock micro-comic, by Al Ewing?

Nah, I'm just teasing. I can remember a Future Shock in which some astronauts reach the end of the universe and there's just a giant brick wall with graffitti on it. "Kilroy woz 'ere", or something. And another where an alien schoolteacher was looking at our universe in a drop of water under a microscope. Don't remember anything about soup, though. Or tea.
STRIKE !!!

chtyrone

That's what it was!! The alien schoolteacher and the microscope.
Cheers

paulvonscott

"Don't remember anything about soup, though. Or tea."

Probably best to boil it first before making soup or tea with it, if it's full of things.

WoD

See, no one is truly a vegetarian, not with all those teeny-weeny universes in every glass of water...

Conexus

one cell organisms et all aint animals, they don't count

Dudley

Vegetarianism: is it the search for perfection that so many meat-eaters seem to want to make it?  Or simply an idea of living as ethically as possible?

WoD

House of Usher

The microscope Future Shock most probably appeared in Prog 96.

(it was the first Prog I ever read)
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Yes, that was the one - "The End of the Universe", by Gary Rice and Frett Ewins, Prog 96.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=profiles" target="_blank">Prog 96...

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Oops - I mean Brett Ewins, obviously.

And one more time, here's a link to Al Ewing's excellent and hilarious micro-comic on the web:

Link: http://www.freakytrigger.co.uk/ufs1.html" target="_blank">Al Ewing's "The Ultimate Future Shock"

STRIKE !!!

Steamboy

these small part of a larger organism type things seem to get done regularly, there's quite an interesting one in my latest Heavy Metal did make me smile even though its been done a million times befor.

CU krestel