Main Menu

Prog scores: Top ten?

Started by Bolt-01, 14 April, 2005, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

I know that we can view the scores of the top voted characters, but is there a top voted progs section?

I'd be curious to see what the scores for the top progs were.

Is this on the site? Am I being thick?

Bolt-01

Wake

At the moment there isn't an aggregate prog score, only a score for the cover and separately for the contents. In theory I could work out an average score for each prog giving equal weighting to the cover and each internal story. This has been suggested before but I haven't got a round toit.

Cheers,

Wake

Dudley

Is that all you're missing?  Here you go.http://kidsturncentral2.com/graphics/tuit2.gif">

Bolt-01

It would be interesting to see what the highest rated (by those bothering to vote) progs are.

Bolt-01

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Leigh S

Aha - I have a spreadsheet that will tell you - I'll post up details tonight (though it depends how you calculate the average)

Leigh S

This is pretty rough, and not all the data is up to date, but I reckon its fairly accurate (unless a mediocre prog has suddenly boosted its standing in the last couple of months)

Average got from totalling the scores and page count:

10th: 652
9th:  266
8th:  505
7th:  650
6th:  327
5th:  503
4th:  359
3rd:  654
2nd:  655
3rd:  662

Leigh S

Using my patented thrill calculator method, that looks at things in a slightly more complex way, you arrive at a slightly different list:

10th:   327
9th:    240
8th:    337
7th:    655
6th:    550
5th:    359
4th:    500
3rd:    654
2nd:    548
1st:    662

But prog 662 is still the top one

Art

662... It's a good solid Prog, but I'm a little suprised that something from a more classic era didn't win out.

Funt Solo

Given the low amount of people who've voted, and imbalances generated by partial-voting, I'd take anything this survey reveals with a pinch of salt.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

True - but you have to say - the other progs all have a weak element that lets them down - a Mean Arena or Blackhawk that generates a low score - Prog 662 wins out because the worst ranked story in that prog still garnered 8.54 - and that was Dead Man!  The votes are between 30 and 108 - I reckon you really need 50 votes on something minimum to get anything that is solid stats wise, but I still think 662 would be hard to beat - and this from a real died in the wool "crap paper = thrill power" type like myself..

The answer of course, is for more votes!

Funt Solo

I'd be really interested in seeing a "thrill-power graph" across the entire 2000AD collection.

I have a suspicion that it might blow some of  the "golden era" myths out of the water.

As you say, there's usually a weak element that lets down what might otherwise be considered a top-scorer.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funtwangle

now youv done this
whats the worst of all

Leigh S

Sad to admit it, but I have such a graph...

DO you still have it on your site Odders?  If so, I'll send you a more up to date version

ukdane

I haven't voted on prog 662 yet- it is (for me) a strong line up. The absolute worst thing about that prog for me is the cover. I think it's shoddy.
Cheers

-Daney