Main Menu

Question for Robin Low

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 27 April, 2007, 05:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Question for Robin Low

In a recent Redeye its revealed that the basic plot of Origins came from an idea of yours. I was just wondering with the conclusion of Origins fast approaching whether once its finished youâ??d consider posting what your original idea was.

Also how you getting on with your Dredd time line?

Finally what do you make of such awful Dredd stories as Sumos and Sporans, Brit Cit Brute etc. How do you reconcile these into continuity. For myself there are several alternative dimensions in the Dreddverse and these belong in them.

Robin Low

"In a recent Redeye its revealed that the basic plot of Origins came from an idea of yours. I was just wondering with the conclusion of Origins fast approaching whether once its finished youâ??d consider posting what your original idea was."

The idea I had was a very simply one: maybe Fargo didn't die in 2051 as suggested on his tombstone, and that he might have been put into suspended animation due to ill health.

I can't be sure of any other related ideas I had, as I suggested this over four years ago and neither I nor Logan have a copy of my original email. However, when John Wagner asked Logan for assistance in researching background details, I sent Logan a copy of my timeline along with some comments on various continuity issues. One of those comments suggested that Booth might know where Fargo's body was hidden. Another was that Fargo might have been revived briefly for the hand over of power and during the Judd incident (resolving the continuity glitch created in Oz). That said, I don't know if Wagner ever actually saw my timeline and comments - I know the one Logan put together for him was a lot stricter.

"Also how you getting on with your Dredd time line?"

I haven't looked at it for a while. I'm very lazy.

"Finally what do you make of such awful Dredd stories as Sumos and Sporans, Brit Cit Brute etc. How do you reconcile these into continuity. For myself there are several alternative dimensions in the Dreddverse and these belong in them."

At present, I've not included the likes of Cal-Hab Justice or Armitage. For the most part, spin-off stories don't offer much in the way of historically relevant material, so I can safely ignore them. Armitage does have an extended sequence dealing with a Brit-Cit civil war, but my memory is that it didn't work for me at the time. I may go back and look at it again sometime, but I'm in no rush.

Regards

Robin

JOE SOAP

Thanks Robin, that's interesting. Nice of Wagner to say in Redeye where he got the idea from. Not many creators admit to where "inspiration" comes from.

Robin Low

"Nice of Wagner to say in Redeye where he got the idea from. Not many creators admit to where "inspiration" comes from."

I've never corresponded with him directly, but he will always have my gratitude and respect for the thanks on the first page of Origins. What more could a fan ask for?

Regards

Robin

Rio De Fideldo

Thanks for elaborating on that Robin.

Have you any other ideas for sorting out Dredd continuity.

Any solution to the resurrection of Pa and Junior Angel which John Wagner immediately regretted?

Finally can I ask that you crack on with that time line as I'm too lazy to do it myself and I'd be interested to see how things like the Volgan War tie into the new Post Origins history of Dredd's World.

[YT-2]

I'll have to dig out my e-mails to John where i send him Robins post and his reply.

John may ave used Robin's idea but I know they'd disagree on the timeline 8-)