Main Menu

ebay scammers!

Started by mogzilla, 06 January, 2008, 11:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

if you want to see how pathetically gullible certain members of the human race is go to ebay and search for "unwanted christmas presents" there are MANY unwrapped ones that people are bidding loads on!!! one went for £85!!!
theres also a lovely bottle of west indian lime cologne on there(unwrapped) ----(pimp,pimp)

mogzilla

...and speaking of gullible i've been got! final fantasy 6 for gameboy advance ,an impulse bid i'm 99.9% sure is a fake...bollocks! any one else ever been suckered?

Peter Wolf

Yep. A poor quality home made CD/DVD copy of The Sisters Of Mercy Royal Albert concert i985 [Wake].

3 quarters of the concert was missing ,the rest unwatchable not to mention the sound.

By the time i was going to do something about it they had already been struck off Ebay.

Why do they bother.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

johnnystress

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320189692868" target="_blank">You are bidding on a picture of an apple iphone 8g

worldshown

Wow, the cheek of some people!

I remember a few years ago that there were a lot of items listed as "Playstation 2, original box and receipt". Some of these went for £400-£800.

And that's what they got. The box and the receipt only.

the shutdown man

Well, they can't claim false advertising....

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

IndigoPrime

That one smacks of a hijacked account. 100% +ve feedback prior to the iPhone scamming.

dweezil2

While on the subject of "The insanity that is Ebay", check out this listing. The only thing missing on the product description is..."Ha, ha, ha, you mug!".

It's not like it's better than Streets Of Rage 2!

And it be downloaded on the Wii Virtual Console anyway.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

vzzbux

I think there is alot of money laundering that goes on ebay and if some sucker falls for these then it is a bonus for the crooks.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

"Please note: I do not accept returns"

you have to laugh dont you?

"Immediate payment required. "

Fuck off.

I never pay anyone on ebay immediately if they say that .

I dont trust items that are listed with stock photos.

Buy it now ?  Why would anyone do that for 200 quid on an Iphone?

No explanation given as to why they are selling the item.

The scammer is somehow hacking into inactive accounts.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

monty--

Well, call me thick as a plank, but I've learned something today!

Banners

I'm about to have a dispute opened with me as a buyer claims something I sent never arrived and I refuse to refund them until I can make a claim with Royal Mail - which you can only do after 15 days.

I have a proof of posting and didn't offer the item with Recorded Delivery so what else could I have done?

Of course, I have no proof the item didn't arrive. So has anyone else ever had a buyer claim that an item didn't arrive. Is there a likely chance they're bullshitting in order to scam me?

M@

Buddy

I always send items recorded delivery to avoid any chancers.

Funt Solo

You've got proof of posting, mbanners - so all you can do is claim against Royal Mail.  The buyer should be willing to wait if they're on the level.
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.