Main Menu

Work Processing Programe help.

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 28 July, 2011, 04:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

I am currently using Microsoft office word 2003 (yes I know... Libarary refuses to update..)

I was wondering can someone recomend a free to download basic wordproccessing programe that would be compatable with the above? (So I can edit stuff downloaded in Microsoft office word 2003) thanks.

Banners

Dandontdare

Open Office seems to be the most popular free download. it's very similar to Office and is compatible with it. My last PC had MS office installed as a freebie, but when I changed to a custom build (a bad idea, but that's another story), I looked at the cost of buying MS Office and started using OO instead, and it's great.

The Doctor Alt 8

worldshown

I'll second Open Office.

When I bought my current PC, it only came with a demo of Microsoft Office so I replaced it with Open Office.

Other than it can be a little slow to start up, I've never had any problems with it.

Emperor

Thirding Open Office, I use it all the time and have installed it on dozens of computers for other people.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Banners

All the devs who made OpenOffice have now moved to LibreOffice due to a spat with Oracle.