Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Good to hear - Scarlet Traces is fantastic.

Hawkmumbler

Never got Scarlet Traces first time around so will relish a reprint, Thargy.

Will Cooling

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 September, 2015, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: Big_Dave on 17 September, 2015, 01:16:34 PM& they have their own numbering system based on the date
Only there's no obvious distinction in that numbering system. So you have the 'Prog 2003' end-of-year and the 'Prog 2003' weekly barreling towards us in the note-too-distant.

How about Prog 2000 AD for the end of year special (AD denotes date) and Prog 2000 # (# denotes number).

Will
Formerly WIll@The Nexus

Big_Dave

just call end year progs annuals
thats what they are

TordelBack

Quote from: Big_Dave on 17 September, 2015, 05:38:08 PM
just call end year progs annuals

And Mega-City 1 has always been at war with Sino-Cit.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

That Scarlet Traces news is pretty dismaying.

Not because Scarlet Traces isn't wonderful - it is, especially The Great Game - but because what had been a creator-owned series has now been snaffled by a corporation.

I know that not everybody really cares about creator rights, but personally I think it's shocking that something like this can still happen.

Leigh S

Presumably they didnt break their fingers to get them, though I understand the thought.. Is it possible they plan to merge it into the 2000AD Edgiverse in some crossovery way that this would facilitate?

TordelBack

Their WotW adaptation is a treat too - lovely stuff.

PreacherCain

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 17 September, 2015, 07:16:41 PM
That Scarlet Traces news is pretty dismaying.

Not because Scarlet Traces isn't wonderful - it is, especially The Great Game - but because what had been a creator-owned series has now been snaffled by a corporation.

I know that not everybody really cares about creator rights, but personally I think it's shocking that something like this can still happen.

Seems clear enough from the press blurb that the creators in question are supportive of this move. If they want to sell it to a corporation, then they can. Like Gaiman with the Angela character.

As for renumbering, I'm agin' it.

Just rename 2000AD to Future Stories & Junk Prog 1. With a space spinner.

Colin Zeal

The renumbering issue is much like the spines of trades for me. I don't care what they do and am slightly surprised that people give it so much thought. Maybe I'm just a bit odd though.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I understand that the creators willingly signed away their rights, it's happened many times in comics over the years, and it's very seldom the publisher that gets the poor end of the deal.

IndigoPrime

I sign away my rights all the time. Sometimes, it makes me a little sad and sometimes it doesn't. Much of that comes down to the deals I have and the publishers. I imagine in this case, the deal must be a win-win.

Grant Goggans

I'd love to see Scarlet Traces reissued in a nice rainbow spine edition and 2000 AD trade dress!

And wow, I really like the suggestion of progs 1977 on each having cover looks from the relevant year.  I'd *really*  love to see a new one-off episode in each issue from the year in question.

Shako! in prog 1977
Visible Man in prog 1978
Ro-Busters in prog 1979
The VCs in prog 1980
Mean Arena in prog 1981
Rogue Trooper in prog 1982, etc.

Failing that, get a bunch of newly-commissioned art droids to bang up some star scans of each for the back cover.  Call 'em "Tharg's Thrill-Memories" or such.

credo

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 17 September, 2015, 11:48:26 PM
I'd love to see Scarlet Traces reissued in a nice rainbow spine edition and 2000 AD trade dress!

And wow, I really like the suggestion of progs 1977 on each having cover looks from the relevant year.  I'd *really*  love to see a new one-off episode in each issue from the year in question.

Shako! in prog 1977
Visible Man in prog 1978
Ro-Busters in prog 1979
The VCs in prog 1980
Mean Arena in prog 1981
Rogue Trooper in prog 1982, etc.

Failing that, get a bunch of newly-commissioned art droids to bang up some star scans of each for the back cover.  Call 'em "Tharg's Thrill-Memories" or such.

Love that idea - even one off star scans of thrills from each year would be great.

Cover tributes for each year to get started ...

Prog 17, 18th June 1977

Dash Decent

Alex Worley's second Rookie Anderson e-book, "Abyss", is now listed on Amazon UK for December 2015
:

Mega-City One, 2100 AD. Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson's first year on the streets as a full-Eagle Judge.

Moriah Cage, leader of the notorious terror group 'Bedlam,' has been captured, but her followers are still at large, and Anderson's been sent to Psych-Block 06 to psychically interrogate her. She's able to get just one snippet of information – Bedlam's planning on detonating a huge bomb, somewhere in the sector – before Cage's followers storm the cell and release her, taking over the entire Psych-Block.

In the chaos immediately after the takeover, Anderson has to make a choice: get out before they lock it down, or stay – unarmed and alone – to find out where the bomb is...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.