Main Menu

Hallowscream Thrilling Fourth Issue Guidelines and…

Started by Ghastly McNasty, 13 March, 2012, 11:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghastly McNasty

Back From The Depths are once again looking for contributors for our free, annual pdf horror comic, HALLOWSCREAM...

...but...

we're also looking for contributors for something else.

That's right. This year we're doing not one but two creepy comics, and we need all the scares we can get. What is this second scare-filled tome? I'll tell you what it is – it's a Christmas special.

It's yet to be named, but we're looking for yuletide based horror yarns along with the more general stuff.

HALLOWSCREAM GUIDELINES

Ideal submissions should be horror orientated and must be weird or spooky to make the final cut. We are mainly looking for completed comic strips between 1-7 pages in length. Script submissions should also preferably be around 1-7 pages in length. Eerie illustrations and artwork along with interesting horror/comic articles, scary short stories, petrifying poems or anything just plain creepy will also be considered. Take a look at our previous issues here.

XMAS SPECIAL GUIDELINES

Identical to the Hallowscream guidelines, but submissions must have either a Christmas or winter theme. Anything which doesn't meet that criteria will be more likely to end up in Hallowscream.

GENERAL GUIDELINES

If you're looking to illustrate something, get in contact and we'll give you details of available scripts.

We'll also consider material previously published elsewhere, as long as the contributors own the copyright.

Completed artwork can be either colour or black and white, and should preferably be A4 (21cm x 29.7cm) 300 dpi jpegs.

Submissions can be sent to merjeagles@yahoo.co.uk or ghastlymcnasty@backfromthedepths.co.uk

As this is a non-profit, small press publication, contributors will not be paid but they will retain copyright on any material submitted.

DEADLINES

Deadlines for the Hallowe'en and Christmas editions are identical. There's no need to point out which issue your story is meant for, as it should be obvious from the story's content.

• Scripts, articles and text submissions : Sunday 22nd July
  • Artwork : Sunday 7th October
  • Completed strips : Sunday 21st October.

The finished issue of Hallowscream will be available online for FREE on October 31st. The finished issue of the Christmas special will likely be available online for FREE mid-December.

You will also be able to purchase print version via the online publishing site Lulu.

Official Release

IAMTHESYSTEM

Oh goody!

Liked the recent Specials particularly the story about the tragic family and the 'reality TV spook show.'

Very well written stuff.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Ghastly McNasty

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 13 March, 2012, 12:43:30 PM
Liked the recent Specials particularly the story about the tragic family and the 'reality TV spook show.'

Very well written stuff.

ThankYou ThankYouVeryMuch

Ghastly McNasty

I've written a 6 page festive horror tale if one of you fabulous arty types is feeling christmassy.

Kind of an invasion of the body snatchers type tale (but with christmas jumpers) set in a sleepy English village.

Van Dom

You know I'm on board for this Ghastly. I'll try and manage something for both. :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Ghastly McNasty

Excellent news Sir. Looking forward to seeing what your evil mind cooks up.

strontium_dog_90

Can't resist the lure of some Xmas-based horror - have to cook something up for this!

Bhuna

Quote from: Van Dom on 14 March, 2012, 09:23:22 PM
You know I'm on board for this Ghastly. I'll try and manage something for both. :)

The next adventures of Buck Tucker?? Count me in Dirk m'son!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Emperor

Hopefully, I should have something for the Halloween one.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

Emperor

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 15 March, 2012, 06:23:51 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 15 March, 2012, 04:49:04 PM
Hopefully, I should have something for the Halloween one.

Oh, Emps... ;)

Oh I know, eggs/chickens as this is the third Hallowscream I've aimed to get stories into, but everything is humming along like a well-oiled machine on that front already (helped by the fact that the scripts have been in the bag for years).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

M.I.K.

BUMP!

Not long to go now, and if you've got any artwork that would do as a pin-up, (or as part of a possible front cover, 'cos we still haven't decided on one yet), send it over and you may still make it into, (or onto), this issue.

M.I.K.

The clock is ticking.... All submissions for Hallowscream need to get to us by the end of this coming week or they won't make it in.

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract