Main Menu

Eagle Comics Wanted for COMPLETE DOOMLORD project

Started by robert_ellis, 03 September, 2012, 05:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

In the past many of you have helped me pick up PROGS cheaply. Does anyone have Eagle issues for sale? I'm looking for mostly 1988-1989. I really want to pick them up cheapish and quality is not an issue as I'm scanning them - as long as the Doomlord pages are complete. Roughly I'm looking for 356 - 395 (14 jan 88 - 14 oct 89) and possibly more in the lower 200s. Many thanks

maryanddavid

I have some doubles somewhere, Ill dig them out. If you get stuck for a few pages Im sure we can sort that.

Colin YNWA

Can I ask what the complete Doomlord project is? Is it personnel or something more exciting?

betel_uk

I've got some in the loft I think... not sure what the dates are but I'll have a look...

robert_ellis

Thanks all,
I plan to scan in and bind every doomlord story - to match the other volumes I've done - Zenith, Thirteenth Floor, Tower King etc. I'd always remembered the photo stories but little afterwards. The Hibernia reprint was a big inspiration. One day this Alan Grant gem may get the treatment it deserves and reach a wider audience. I'm buying a load off ebay but the numbering was always a bit wonky as not all issues were numbered. I'm assuming there's about 1000 pages plus the annuals and specials to hunt down

Professor Bear

I'm not sure they even numbered the earlier issues with the photo strips - or at least the few I have (from 1981-84-ish) just seem to have cover dates.

Colin YNWA

Wow that would be a fantastic thing to create. I absolutely love the little Doomlord I have, from the collection from Hibernia (thanks to a certain someone here). I'd really love someone to take the mantles and produce a Doomlord series of books to match the Charley's War ones.

SmallBlueThing

Grud yes- i have Doomlords 1-3 as photocopied 'ashcan' editions, bought off ebay ten years or so back. Great fun, and along with the Hibernia collection a great impetus to pick up Eagle back issues whenever i see them at a decent price... Which has led to me getting about 80 or so for 50p each from secondhand bookshops over the years.

It would be fantastic to have it as a series of hardbacks. Titan, are you listening?

SBT

maryanddavid

There have been a few attempts to get old Doomy back in print, not just by Hibernia. There has even been an attempt to do new stories too. I'd love Case File type collections.
I have dug out the doubles, Robert and Ill PM you dates.

robert_ellis

Thanks for the offers of help. I love that doomlord (post-photo) only had 2 main artists heinzl and bradbury both of whom do great work. The issues where he changes into Michael Jackson (oddly like the beyonder from Marvel Secret Wars II) and Mekon are truely bizarre!

betel_uk

Finally managed to get into the loft... looks like the box of Eagles I have are all 1983 / 84 / 85 so I don't think I can help...  :(
Good luck with your hunt... I've seen pictures of your Zenith volume so I know it'll look fabulous when it's done!
Ian

robert_ellis

Thanks I've had another very generous offer of help. But I'm sure I'll need more progs in the future

maryanddavid

robert_ellis

Thanks for all the help. I now own every issue of eagle with doomlord pages.

SmallBlueThing

Glad to hear it. You couldnt tell us how many issues that is, and how many specials the strip appeared in, coud you? And good luck with the
Project.

SBT