CrazyFoxMachine

THE RIGHT HONOURABLE POSITION FOR MOST HONOURABLE MENTIONS
JMEAN'S MESMERISING MUTO MANIAC

THIRD PLACE
DARK JIMBO'S DELICIOUS DECAP ATTACK!

SECOND PLACE
ARCHEY'S FANTABULOUS FINK ANGEL

FIRST PLACE
ALLISTERMAC'S RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING JUDGE DREDD!

So - another prize for Mr Allistermac - ! Who also gets to pick November's art competition theme.... I wonder what it'll be....

FINALLY THARG'S CHOICE goes to the hardworkin' hypertalented UNDER APPRECIATED Mr Judgefett's BRILLIANT McMahon action figure!

Thanks so much for entering and voting - let's hope we can get TRIPLE THE AMOUNT OF STUFF next month! Woof.

The Adventurer

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 02 November, 2012, 01:11:48 AM
Thanks so much for entering and voting - let's hope we can get TRIPLE THE AMOUNT OF STUFF next month!

I hope the topic is a little more broad next time. I wanted to contribute this month, but I just was not enough of a McMahon specific fanboy to really get excited about the topic.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

More importantly congratulations to all this time and with no apologise for repeating myself the biggest thank you to Crazyfoxmachine for all the work keeping the competition going. Well done that crazy fox

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

WhitBloke

Indeed - what Colin said.  And even as given as I myself might be to whizzing in the talent pool, that was some seriously talented pool this month.  Even watching the votes dart about as they came in such Squaxxy variety was a suspenseful fun in itself this month.

Well done, all you winners.  Actually, scratch that.  Superbly done!
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Adventurer on 02 November, 2012, 08:11:06 AM
I hope the topic is a little more broad next time. I wanted to contribute this month, but I just was not enough of a McMahon specific fanboy to really get excited about the topic.

Eh? How is a topic that enables you to draw pretty much anything to do with Judge Dredd, Ro-Busters, ABC Warriors, Slaine, the VCs and (since we have entries from Mick's canon beyond the pages of Tooth) Sonic the Hedgehog, Batman and Dr Who too restrictive?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Another good comp, and deserved congrats to the winners. I was surprised to get as many votes as I did, given I entered a non-Tooth piece on a Tooth board, so it was especially nice to chart! Thanks to all who voted - and not two hours after I posted it on Devart Nigel Kitching himself popped up to say how much he liked it, which gave me a nice fanboy thrill.

My thumb seems to be more or less on the mend now, so I'm hoping to contribute a bit more regularly.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 November, 2012, 11:34:58 AM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 02 November, 2012, 08:11:06 AM

Eh? How is a topic that enables you to draw pretty much anything to do with Judge Dredd, Ro-Busters, ABC Warriors, Slaine, the VCs and (since we have entries from Mick's canon beyond the pages of Tooth) Sonic the Hedgehog, Batman and Dr Who too restrictive?

Not to mention Last American (which I did consider).
@jamesfeistdraws

Neil McClements

Well done everyone and congrats to Allistermac and Judge Fett.
This comp does in reality need bit more exposure not just for entries but votes as well. An the unpleasant sharp statistic is almost 67000 registered members and only 19 voters half of which were art contributors (roughly 0.028 %)

Other than that Thanks to Owen again and I'll be sure and try to enter further comps.

Bolt-01

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Archie on 02 November, 2012, 01:30:36 PM
And the unpleasant sharp statistic is almost 67000 registered members and only 19 voters half of which were art contributors (roughly 0.028 %)

We don't have more than 2000 active members (and nowhere close to that - realistically more like 500.) The rest of that 67000 are mainly spambots and computers.
@jamesfeistdraws

CrazyFoxMachine

This comp does in reality need bit more exposure not just for entries but votes as well. An the unpleasant sharp statistic is almost 67000 registered members and only 19 voters half of which were art contributors (roughly 0.028 %)

It's getting better - don't pay attention to the 67000 registered members thing - if entrants could pimp it that'd be grand, we've got ECBT2000AD mentioning it occasionally and I give it a good HARD pimping at the start and end. Phhooaaar.

We've got prizes, which makes it a bit more of a lure and I can't thank whoever (it was Molcher I think) decided to give us that enough - it's a stick we can use to pimp it with. The more exposure the actual art itself can give to the competition the better - so I'd encourage anyone who puts their art elsewhere (Deviantart, Twitter, FB, Tumblr etc) to link straight through to the comp/voting thread/results thread -

Spread the word!

shaolin_monkey

Whoops!  Sorry, I'm an active member who just completely didn't notice this was going on!!  I may or may not contribute sometime, but I'll definitely vote next time!

allistermac

Another great competition and some superb artwork by those involved, it's an honour to be given first place when the other entries are of such a high caliber. I shall attempt to come up with a theme to get the creative juices flowing.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 02 November, 2012, 03:04:48 PM
Whoops!  Sorry, I'm an active member who just completely didn't notice this was going on!!  I may or may not contribute sometime, but I'll definitely vote next time!

This happens quite a lot actually - is there someway of making the competitions more visible than pinning them to the top of the "general" board? Is pinning something, in fact, less likely to draw attention to it, I wonder.

Jon

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 02 November, 2012, 02:36:39 PM

We've got prizes, which makes it a bit more of a lure and I can't thank whoever (it was Molcher I think) decided to give us that enough - it's a stick we can use to pimp it with.

Spread the word!

Did everyone else receive their prizes? I've won twice now, and never got anything. I'd do it anyway fer the giggle, the months when time allows, but it's making me feel a bit unlucky now. :(

Do I need to go and whine at Mike?