Main Menu

Kick Ass 2 Film

Started by Alski, 15 August, 2013, 11:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

CrazyFoxMachine

Someone move this to the films & tv bit!

Batman's Superior Cousin

[spoiler]It's a crap film!![/spoiler[/]
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dudley

"It's a mean-spirited, ultra-violent action-comedy with the emotional maturity of an arrested 12-year-old and the ethical compass of a turnip." —Boston Globe

Best summary of Mark Millar's work (all of it) I've yet read.

Apestrife

Thought it completely lacks the first one's charm. Best bits where playing the "jet pack music" from the first film in every other scene.

But I think it's actually really good when compared to the book. But quite bad compared to the first one (which I like.)

And I'm happy to say that I didn't need to Watch the rape scene (which in the book reads like rape fan fiction written by a sadistic 7 year in hopes to shock his teacher) Mark Millar so much wanted filmed. Not that the scene that replaced it is much better, but still.

Also. Lindy Booth (playing "Night Bitch") is cute as a button tihi!

dracula1

Doesn't compare to the edgy first movie. Pretty crap all round. Save your creds and spend it on purchasing a second copy of Dredd on DVD or Bluray :)

Sideshow Bob

C'mon folks, lets be honest here....It's not the 'best' movie ever seen....but it's not dreadful......In fact it's really not too bad.....Ok,  it's not One flew over the Cuckoos Nest or Citizen Kane and it's never going to win an Oscar, but it's a very good representation of a comic book story....

If you enjoyed the first movie, and liked the style & content....you're not going to be too disappointed with this one......It doesn't follow the ( Kick Ass 2 ) comic book exactly, but it's fairly close,  and for a fun hour and a half watch time,  it's got a lot of what you want in a comic book movie.....Fun, graphic violence, a bit of humour, good special effects / stunts....all in all most enjoyable.....
It's spared the more excessive parts of the comic book....ie....No rape of Daves' girlfriend ( thankfully ) and the killing of Stars and Stripes dog, and murder of schoolkids, but other than that it's pretty much the same story arc as the comic.....

Chloe Moritz is wonderful as Hit Girl, trying to balance what she wants, with being a 'normal' schoolgirl and Kick Ass is also well acted by Aaron Johnson...OK, some of it is a bit 'trite' but FFS it's a comic book movie adaptation and for that it's really well done...And Mother Russia is one of the scariest movie villainesses I've seen for a long time....

For maximum enjoyment ( and I loved it ).....just leave the 'thinking part' of your brain at home and just soak up the fun and enjoy......Do this and I'm sure you'll enjoy it !!

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Richard

Exactly. You have to wonder precisely what some people expected from a film called "Kick-Ass 2" FFS.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I liked the first one, but didn't think this was very good.

radiator

I think people are being way too harsh on this film. Yeah it's dumb, a bit overstuffed narrative-wise and about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the face, but I thought it was a perfectly serviceable sequel to an enjoyable original and I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was.

I certainly had much more fun with it than I did with the hugely overrated Iron Man 3, Star Trek 2, Elysium or Man of Steel.

dracula1

It's mildy amusing but still shit. The film seemed to be missing something? . . .  Nic Cage perhaps, he brought alot to the first movie.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: dracula1 on 02 September, 2013, 06:28:23 PM
It's mildy amusing but still shit. The film seemed to be missing something? . . .  Nic Cage perhaps, he brought alot to the first movie.

Sorry you feel that way about the movie......Obviously you're entitled to your opinion Drac, but I just feel you're being a little 'harsh'... :)

As I said in my post, it's never going to be Oscar material but for what it is....ie ..A movie comic book adaptation,  it's a lot better done than,  say,  Man of Steel for instance,  despite MOS 'huge' budget....
Kick Ass 2, I'll agree is not for everyone, BUT, for a 'fun' movie, based on a gratuitously violent comic book,  it's a fairly decent hour and a half of screen fun........It's not as good as the 'original' but 2nd movies usually aren't.....( Apart from Aliens 2, Terminator 2 etc ).....Just leave the 'thinking part' of your brain at home and just be entertained by the mayhem on screen....

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Richmond Clements

QuoteAs I said in my post, it's never going to be Oscar material but for what it is....ie ..A movie comic book adaptation,

So is Persepolis.
The trouble is that KA2 is an adaption of a shit comic.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 03 September, 2013, 05:15:37 PM
QuoteAs I said in my post, it's never going to be Oscar material but for what it is....ie ..A movie comic book adaptation,

So is Persepolis.
The trouble is that KA2 is an adaption of a shit comic.

I've not seen Persepolis,  Richmond ,  so cannot comment on that....
But ( only in my opinion mind you ), if I thought that the comic that the movie was based on, was shit.....I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole, far less spend £10 to see it at the movies....
You didn't do that did you ??..... ::)

Cheers

dracula1

Your completley right Mr. Sideshow. Using the word shit to describe Kick Ass 2 is very harsh. I 'll eat my words and reduce my rating of the movie to a modest and less offensive 'Crap'!